ASR switch and blanking plate

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
One of the things I have always most admired about the A2 is the lack of blanking plates for optional extras.

I find the site of a little patch of incongruous bare plastic upsetting when I know it should be a switch and it tends to upset the balance of the console to my eye. A prime culprit is heated seats and ugly, empty spaces next to shiny led heating switches.

I had thought the A2 free of such option selection recrimination but I have found a blank! Behind the ASR switch is a blank plate.

Happily it looks totally intentional and like a feature to rest your hand on while selecting ASR function but what else is supposed to be there? Some Bluetooth function perhaps?

If nothing goes there what else COULD do there?

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch for DRL.
A small rocker switch fits easily. There's space for a second one too.

https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/osram-ledriving-fog-drl-install.28801/#post-235354

index.php

regards

Andrew

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 07.33.39.png

Here's a clearer photo of the button on Tank. Fitted to control another item (it's just a switch after all), but it still leaves a small blank area, which was never occupied from what I can find out.

It is indeed just a switch, so can be used for all sorts of stuff. I've considered using it as the remote control for the garage doors. What does it do in Tank? I remember someone fitting it to a UK car and making it switch their reversing camera on/off. ECO allegedly stands for 'External Camera Operational'. :p

Just one question. Since ECO was only used on LHD models, why is there a blank for it on RHD panels?

RAB

Back