head unit with aux input

I got a Connects2 - it plugs into the cd autochanger part of my stereos input and had an aux in and a USB. pretty cheap too and can be easily hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of doing this soon, but not sure which connectors I have. There are two units, the ctvadx001 and the ctvadx002, and which one you want depends on the head unit you have. I have a Concert (I think it's a Concert II as it has 2 knobs, one either side of the unit, rather than one central knob). The eBay seller isn't clear on which unit fits which, it depends on the plugs at the back, but without the removal keys (which come with the Connects2 unit, I can't see which connectors I have on the back.

My car is a 2004 (54) model. Can anybody give me a steer as to what connectors (and hence which unit) I need to go for?

Thanks!

Steve

Connects2 CTVADX001 is the one I've got.
My car is a 2003 model with a Concert II
The Connects2 CTVADX002 is for later model stereo's, I believe.

I'm currently using a Xiaomi ROIDMi 3s Bluetooth FM transmitter. It works very well IMO, plus it is cheap (under £8). I'll get round to something more permanent sometime.

I'm currently using a Xiaomi ROIDMi 3s Bluetooth FM transmitter. It works very well IMO, plus it is cheap (under £8). I'll get round to something more permanent sometime.

I have a bluetooth adaptor/microphone plugged into the Connects2. It's mounted in the driver's side cupholder, so only noticable if you need to change track or answer the phone - it just pops out as needed. Sound quality is much better than the FM bluetooth transmitter I tried at first, and all hidden away.

Connects2 CTVADX001 is the one I've got.
My car is a 2003 model with a Concert II
The Connects2 CTVADX002 is for later model stereo's, I believe.
Thanks Ian, that's what I thought first time round, but was having doubts. That's what I'll get, then. Cheers!

I have a bluetooth adaptor/microphone plugged into the Connects2. It's mounted in the driver's side cupholder, so only noticable if you need to change track or answer the phone - it just pops out as needed. Sound quality is much better than the FM bluetooth transmitter I tried at first, and all hidden away.
Ian, do you happen to have a photo of that? Also, any chance of a part number or link?

I’ll get a photo later today. It still needs tidying up but I was checking function over form first!
The Bluetooth adapter came from Amazon - I’ll try and find the link later too.

The Bluetooth adapter I have is this one from Amazon.
It's fitted in the drinks holder on the drivers side as the picture below, and plugged into my Connects2 to get the output into the Concert II.

btdh.jpg

Back