Bose retrofit help needed bolts

cheechy

A2OC Donor
Recently purchased Bose kit for retrofit and looks like most of the bolts feel or of the box in transit.

The bolts are required to fix the sub and the amp to the car.

I've got 2 sub bolts but that's it and I can't seem to find the same bolts any where (M4 18mm) and I don't even know the size of the amp screws.

Would appreciate any steer or info on this one from anyone so I can try and pick up replacements.

Thanks.

I've got a complete set of bolts waiting to be sent to Cyprus for a member. I can send you a photo if that would help?

Anyone got a clue where I could pickup m4 coach screws?

Google is not my friend :(

Still looking for guidance on this if possible - Tom fitting weekend after next so getting a bit desperate

Thanks - its coach screws to mount the sub

Believe me I've been pouring over listings for an age and cant find anything with the right spec. The problem with a lot of bolts / screws audi use from this period is the pitch - very wide.

Means anything but a coach screw wont work.

Just compared my sub screws to the jar of odd screws i have and they are the same thread type and size as some torx type self tappers. which i believe to be the same as these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SELF-T...d=322357328577&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

would look quite oem then, hope this helps. regards. \M

Brillaint - could have been my poor eyesight but when I measured the bolts I thought they were 4mm. I see the same company do 4.8mm versions as well.

edit: nah you are right its 5mm - great spot thanks.

Last edited:
Got those screws through today. Too short and taper too much, thread is also not coarse enough.

Will keep looking but suspect I'm going to struggle.

Last edited:
Back