ABS Traction light just come on!

bio10155

Hi folks, I need you help with my A2 - she's a 2001 AMF 1.4 TDI - just done 92k.

Today, I pulled up on drive thru and to my horror the ABS, traction light came on, with cntral disply of a red (!)

I scanned her just now and these are the fault codes that were displayed:

IMG_0611.JPGIMG_0612.JPG

I initially scanned the ABS unit and was able to carry out function tests on that module - so I believe the ABS unit is working to an extent i.e. turning pump on/off via VAG lite.

Can someone please tell me if it's the angle sensor is at fault that is causing the ABS system to be lit up...also, how much or easy is it to replace this sensor?

Thanks,

Tim.

Quick update - driving back from work car is now behaving itself! Must be an intermittent issue. Let's hope it stays operational, and just an electrical gremlin lurking in the cables. I will keep everyone updated in how this one goes :)

Safe driving all!

Last edited:
UPDATES....

Okay, this was an intermittent issue as the fault has been an on/off event! I did however take a gamble and bought a seconhand unit of the G85 steering angle sensor off fleebay - £15 as opposing to a brand new unit from Audi who quoted me £485!! And that wasn't including labour to install it!

Anyway, I have now installed the replacement unit on the car as of this morning - it's actually very easy thing to do providing you have a few basic tools and follow the repair schematics (i.e. how to take things off without breaking; torque settings etc..). What is required besides from hard tools is the soft coding capability of a diagnostics computer i.e. VCDS... as you need to readapt the replacement sensor to the car's ABS controller.

Results - it worked! The culprit was infact the G85 sensor! After recoding not faults as indicated above was present in the ECU. Happy days!

Here's the offending article: unit J0 959 654AC

IMG_0620.jpg

Congratulations, I am glad that you have fixed the problem so fast and so cheap. is what the electronica has, fails when you least expect it.

A greeting.

Andrés

Back