Ebay RNS E will this work in a2 as direct replacement, i have double din atm?

That is definitely not an RNS E, there are lots of items that will technically work but won't fit due to the sizing of the headunit, this is likely to be the case here. You are likely to need to shave the sides based on what I can see.

You need an a6 or a3 so that the firmwear can be changed. Also all will need to have the case re sized to fit the Audi aperture. Along with a gps unit and loom. Nice when done.
Others may be along with more info on models etc.
Mk1 rnse has black knobs and uses smaller capacity Sd cards and they have a tv/cd button
mk2 rnse has alloy knobs higher res LCD screen faster processor upto 32gig SD cards and button just says media
Hope that helps mike

Even with an official Audi one it's still not exactly a straight swap. They have different power and speaker connections for a start, and then there is the whole getting it cut down to size (literally) that needs to be done.

Do you have BOSE in your car already? Either way if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks I may have something to offer...

There is a conversion loom (that includes the GPS aerial too) that makes the connections basically plug and play and if you get the correct RNS E you will just then need to do a little bit of sanding down to make it fit.

If you want to go overboard you can install the Voice Recognition, blue tooth phone module, reversing camera, TV, DVD player to your RNS E too.

Getting the disc that converts it from 4 character post codes to the full 7 digit postcodes is a big improvement too.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back