brake pads

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
hi guys,

im looking to get the brake pads done on my wifes car as there is only about 1-2mm left on pads :(

anyways europarts are offering 50% off ( holiday50 promo code) today so which is best to buy and are they worth it?

eicher, pagid, textar, brembo, bosch, ats or epad which ones are best out of this list?

cheers

cammy

My local garage would say pagid Cammy.... decent quality and price but its all down to personal preference.

I always go by price but i should imagine brembo are the best out of that list.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

i seen an old thread with spike suggesting that ate are good because they are cermaic or maybe im mistaken but they are £28 for both sides so ate seems ok :/ will i have any problems with fitting any of these pads ie are they bigger/smaller than oem. also how do you check or know when your discs are gubbed? mines seem to be good ventilated brake discs so i dont want to change something that doesnt need changed. i dont feel any pedal movement like if the discs are warped and they seem ok but im no mechanic lol

pagids are only £17.50 for both sides :D

cheers

ATE ceramic pads are good.... I had some fitted a few weeks ago with no difference in feel through the brake pedal. They cut down on the amount of black brake dust that make nice alloys mucky. :)

cheers dave,

i think i will opt for the pagid on the wifes car but when mines are due for renewal then i might upgrade to the cermaics :D

cammy

i bought the pagid ones but i hope some people will take advantage of the price discount via website...if its good that is :/

cammy

I've used the pagid myself and they were fine for over 30000 miles so far. I've got ATE low dust ones to fit but only because I'm tired of grubby wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To check your discs cammy just feel the lip at the edge of the disc if it's deep they'll be ready for a new set and make sure the pad is making contact across the disc face look for deep scoring marks showing uneven wear.

To check your discs cammy just feel the lip at the edge of the disc if it's deep they'll be ready for a new set and make sure the pad is making contact across the disc face look for deep scoring marks showing uneven wear.

thanks i will check for that but how do you define deep if it has a lip?

i've just checked there is a small lip but nothing extreme.

cheers

Last edited:
If you look at these discs for example once you've worn them about halfway i usually change them.
62c2a27095c667222aae205c7883374c.jpg

if the lip is over 1mm each side at the outside edge id say they could be past there sell by date as im sure its only about 2mm wear on the faces to minimum thickness on front discs , basically the pads dont cover the whole braking face of the disc so you end up with a lip around the outer edge of the disc as it wears ,its hard to be precise without checking with vernier calipers and youd also need the exact specs to be sure

when you say worn halfway, do you mean counter sunk to the extreme or just slightly? i have vented discs on my wifes a2 and they dont look any different to any other car that has some wear & tear. i will try take a photo and post up then i will make a decision based on your/everyones reply.

Run your finger up it. A small lip is ok but if there is a noticeable bump it may be time for discs too. Do you have C clamps to wind back the callipers to let the pads go in? If not I have some you can borrow.

I payed £45 last week for Mintex discs and pads from an eBay seller. Cheapest I could find.

Back