How to value a car that has to much invested in it.

Ianth

A2OC Donor
Right......I purchased this a couple of years ago after looking for ages for particular specs.
Black tdi 90 sport.
Black heated leather,oss,full dis,double din Bose etc etc.mileage wasn't a big concern so long as it's history was good,so came across a beauty that filled my criteria and bought it with the intention of it being a keeper,paid top money for it and had it transported from London to manchester,fitted a new flat bottomed steering wheel,rnse sat nav with Bluetooth,sydmeko armrest,led bulbs,cruise control........you get the drift,all in it probably owes me £6000 which is obviously more than it's worth.
Anyhow I have always had 2 cars,one a Porsche 911 as a toy and the a2 as everyday use,I am now considering getting rid of both and have purchased a Cayenne to replace them,but how do I value the a2 realistically,it's done 112000 and has full Audi service history apart from the last service a few months ago where I did it myself and probably did a better job than the stealers.
Just prior to me buying it it had just had new discs/pads all round and clutch and timing belt.
Please give me ideas !

I'd value it at around £3450 based on the very nice and very desirable spec. My car owes me around £6500 and is quite highly modified for an A2 and i'd value that at the same price.

Last edited:
It's always difficult to value A2s, especially at the moment with prices all over the place. I think the answer is "how much is somebody prepared to pay for it". As to marketing it, that all depends on how desperate you are to sell. From recent experience I had a very low mileage 1.6 FSI for sale for nearly three months, but the good thing for me at the time was, I was only selling as I couldn't justify having three A2s, and so held out for top $ on it. To be honest, I sympathise with your here, I've certainly invested a good few $$ in my Baby Boomer project, and would dread selling it at a loss.

I think you probably could get quite a price for it (upwards of £3.5k) to the right person, provided it really is in top condition, and provided you don't mind waiting for the right person.

I'd suggest posting it in the For Sale section of the forum, as it looks like a great one for people on here to upgrade to. I know a lot of people on the forum are looking for a "keeper" to upgrade to.

Worth keeping hold of i suppose as a alternative to selling.
Such a cracking car that I was reluctant to sell before getting others estimates of value.

Worth keeping hold of i suppose as a alternative to selling.
Such a cracking car that I was reluctant to sell before getting others estimates of value.

To be honest, that was my initial thought. To be honest, it's not going to add too much to your Cayanne fund, certainly compared to a 911. It might get a couple of sets of tyres...

Haha,just feels like the right time to run a single car and the a2 isn't quite fun enough for that,not taking anything away from it of course.

Haha,just feels like the right time to run a single car and the a2 isn't quite fun enough for that,not taking anything away from it of course.

That's on reason why I bought mine in the first place, as it is just "right" as a second car, as it's sooooo cheap to run most of the time. Insurance/tax etc. Once the Classic insurance companies list them we'll be well away.

I agree as a second car,however I no longer need 2 cars and the a2 isn't quite fun enough as a only car,no denying they are fantastic as a second car though.

Back