Audi FSI Lights and Wipers Not working. Help!

Swainy

Hey, all I was wondering if anyone could offer their advice on a problem that has just occurred on my normally perfectly running FSI. Basically, I was driving and all of a sudden the lights failed, both interior and car lights as well. Then the windscreen wipers stopped working too. The only thing that I have done differently was have it jet washed this morning? Any help would be hugely appreciated as it's still raining and I am somewhat stranded :) Thanks. Mike

It's got to be water leaking into the car, the part you've most probably got a bit wet is the CCCU - Central Convenience Control Unit. This controls things like lights and central locking. It sits under the passenger side front carpet in a compartment. Check no water has gotten into the compartment, if it has do what you can to dry the unit. I've never removed a unit but if you disconnect the battery and place the unit in a bag of rice to absorb the moisture inside you might get away with it, but check on the forum in case you need VCDS to re-install.

I'm sure someone more familiar with the CCCU will be along shortly.

Nick

Thanks for your advice. I will inspect the area and prior to removal I will also use a hair dryer on the offending area. Cheers again. Mike

Back