Another 'What's it worth?' Thread!

Topsie

I'm genuinely not sure what she's worth but here's the spec.

Just a note that this is not a for sale ad, a couple niggles to fix before being put up for sale.

2003 1.6 FSI Sport in Pearl Black

156,500mi

Part Service History with all the important bits changed ~6 months ago Inc.
Cam Belts
Tensioners
Idlers
Serpentine belt + tensioner
Thermostat housing
Water pump pipe
All filters and oil.
Spark plugs

Currently runnng no faults (quite a bit of history on here of chasing misfires and poor running)

Excellent Spec Inc
9-spoke sport alloys
Factory PDC
Heated front sports seats (4 seater)
Double din dash
Climate control
DIS
Heater mirrors and Window washer jets
Rear electric windows
Rear speakers
Comfort Mirror (although it has bled)
Working Open Sky Sunroof
Rear cup holder
Under handbrake tray
Front Fogs (fog surround missing)
Vanity mirrors and lights
Projector HID's

Bad bits:
Passengers door has dent just under mirror
Wings are marked where bonnet has been replaced incorrectly
Rear number has crack and scuffing on the near side.
HID Ballasts are letting feedback into the car.

I'll get some pics up but what do people think it's worth?

Nick

Last edited:
Just payed £400 for the same year 1.4 sport with 122k miles and only two owners, however, broken sky, needed discs and pads, rear springs and now the exhaust needs to be replaced.
I would pitch it at £1k maybe, or swap for mine!

That's quite a list. I would say at least £2k.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was thinking around the £1.5k mark, it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it has got an impressive list of options, I don't really want to sell her but the wife is pregnant and with the rear facing seat it's a bit of a squeeze, add the pram and it's pretty much out of room in there!!!

I was just looking on eBay and prices are all over the place, maybe I got mine seriously cheap, or maybe others are over priced. I guess start high and see what happens.

I was just looking on eBay and prices are all over the place, maybe I got mine seriously cheap, or maybe others are over priced. I guess start high and see what happens.

I took a risk when i bought her and i got it at a good price, I've noticed the prices are all over the place at the moment, i've seen some real crackers go cheap recently, as well as some real not so goods going for too much!

i think the main problem is what side of the fence you sit.

if your buyers are aware of the a2's capability and are in the market for one then a higher price of around £1500 -1750 may be achievable.

the problem on ebay is that to your average punter, you can buy a 8yr old corsa / clio for not far off that, and it looks more attractive given that its newer / more familiar.

our cars tend to be 2nd motors for most (primary for me) so folk would rather an 8yr old car to one almost double that for the same money.

id agree with kleynie and say pitch it at the £1600 mark and see what happens

drew

Back