parkside Lidl compressor and spray gun

cheechy

A2OC Donor
Any budding paint sprayers can provide some guidance? I'm looking to maybe do some spraying and rather than revert to rattle cans I have been keeping half an eye out for compressor kit but not sure how far in I should go.

Noticed Lidl are doing their usual parkside compressor kit where feasibly I could buy a compressor and spray gun for under a 100 quid. Anyone got experience with these or know of any major flaws ( e.g. insufficient pressure for instance). Indeed any alternatives out there I could look at that I've not thought about.

Sorry keep posting up random stuff like this but hopefully it's keeping the forum fresh :)

Last edited:
I can vouch for Lidle Parkside products. They are well made and last well. I've had a compressor for longer than I can remember and would be lost without it. I have a collection of classic bikes so its great for keeping tires inflated, sandblasting, spraying and general cleaning of parts. its also great for drying wheels and discs when cleaning alloy wheels.

chris

Yes these are very good value for money German products, a really good friend of mine swears by them, they usually have around 2 years warranty and always easy to deal with in case of any failed products.

Sarge

I recently looked for spay gun and compressor, the spay gun suitable for some touching up on the A2 and then for a modelling project. Lots of modelling and poster art forums advised against the cheap Chinese stuff as the machining leaves a lot to be desired. Results in leaks and poor control.

In the end I went for a Harder & Steenbeck's Ultra 2 in 1 and AB-AS186 Mini Piston compressor. These came in a package from Everything Airbrush for £160. https://www.everythingairbrush.com/...rbrushing-kit-with-ultra-2-in-1-airbrush.html Harder & Steenbeck are a German company that make professional spray guns and the Ultra is their entry level model. It's a double action: press the lever down to vary the pressure and back to vary the paint flow. It does take practice to master.

The Ultra 2 in 1 comes with 2 nozzels and needles (0.2mm & 0.4mm) for very fine and fine/medium and 2 sizes of cups (2ml & 5ml). They say with the very fine needle that one can spray lines of 0.5mm but as a learner mine were more 1 to 2 mm. I was able to spray the undercoat to just keep within the area rubbed down. However the flow was not so good with metallic paint until I changed to the larger needle and increased the pressure but then it sprays a wider pattern but still far more control than a spray can. I was using Audi spray can paint that I decanted into a jar (see Youtube videos) and from that filled the spray gun cup using disposable pipettes.

Here's what else I bought:

ABEST 4 SET Airbrush Spray Gun Wash Cleaning Tools Needle Nozzle Brush Glass Cleaning Pot Holder (Amazon)
3ml Disposable Pasteur Pipettes Graduated Transfer Pipe Perfume Eye Dropper Lab x100 (eBay)

As an aside, I found the colour match poor but that could be as the spray can was getting towards empty and maybe the paint was too concentrated -just a theory; or maybe the car has faded despite being a light colour.

Just to be clear, I was not painting a panel or even a 1/4 of a panel but a couple of areas about 4cm x 4cm and some just 1cm x 1cm

Last edited:
I recently looked for spay gun and compressor, the spay gun suitable for some touching up on the A2 and then for a modelling project. Lots of modelling and poster art forums advised against the cheap Chinese stuff as the machining leaves a lot to be desired. Results in leaks and poor control.

In the end I went for a Harder & Steenbeck's Ultra 2 in 1 and AB-AS186 Mini Piston compressor. These came in a package from Everything Airbrush for £160. https://www.everythingairbrush.com/...rbrushing-kit-with-ultra-2-in-1-airbrush.html Harder & Steenbeck are a German company that make professional spray guns and the Ultra is their entry level model. It's a double action: press the lever down to vary the pressure and back to vary the paint flow. It does take practice to master.

The Ultra 2 in 1 comes with 2 nozzels and needles (0.2mm & 0.4mm) for very fine and fine/medium and 2 sizes of cups (2ml & 5ml). They say with the very fine needle that one can spray lines of 0.5mm but as a learner mine were more 1 to 2 mm. I was able to spray the undercoat to just keep within the area rubbed down. However the flow was not so good with metallic paint until I changed to the larger needle and increased the pressure but then it sprays a wider pattern but still far more control than a spray can. I was using Audi spray can paint that I decanted into a jar (see Youtube videos) and from that filled the spray gun cup using disposable pipettes.

Here's what else I bought:

ABEST 4 SET Airbrush Spray Gun Wash Cleaning Tools Needle Nozzle Brush Glass Cleaning Pot Holder (Amazon)
3ml Disposable Pasteur Pipettes Graduated Transfer Pipe Perfume Eye Dropper Lab x100 (eBay)

As an aside, I found the colour match poor but that could be as the spray can was getting towards empty and maybe the paint was too concentrated -just a theory; or maybe the car has faded despite being a light colour.

Just to be clear, I was not painting a panel or even a 1/4 of a panel but a couple of areas about 4cm x 4cm and some just 1cm x 1cm

Personally I have tried and rejected these 'packages' of compressor and spray gun as none have worked to my liking. I bought a spray gun of eBay hvlp type gravity feed then bought a 9.4 cubic ft a min from eBay. The gun was under £20 and the comp £85 also bought a water and oil trap for about £15. The comp will keep up with the gun all day long so anything up to a full car can be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I chose the Harder & Steenbeck's Ultra 2 in 1 first, before looking for a compressor. It is about £80 on it's own and I expect it will perform better than a £20 device. A lot (all?) the cheap spray guns have rubber seals that will get destroyed by cellulose based paint and thinners. The H&S has PTFE seals. The compressor is again about £80 on it's own so there was no real saving but convenience buying both together from the same supplier and some confidence that the two will go together. My main criteria was suitability for model painting rather than car spraying.

You pays your money and takes your choice ;)

Last edited:
good compressors for light use , I have much larger setup to run da sanders and impact wrenches which require much more free air , also cant speak for the spray gun but would be better purchasing hvlp high velocity low pressure spray gun with pressure adjustment for auto painting

regards mark

Back