A2 paint correction day and Ceramic sealent

rippling

After a day of polishing and applying the first stage of sealent here is where i am at.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

What ceramic sealant are you using? I used to detail my cars quite regularly but time is in very short supply so a good seal may help. There are those that say ceramic sealant is more for a pro so welcome any steer? As with anything if done well it looks amazing and lasts ages, if done badly it will look terrible (for ages!)

The products i use is Gtechniq, and your right you get the application wrong and its not polish it to correct it , its sand it or respray. i use C1 then EXO V3 after that you can clean your car with water nearly , as almost everything will run off the coating. of course there are chips etc on the car that i cant get out but car is 13 years old so i will make it as presentable as i can. i enjoy cleaning and driving my cars. it gives me something to do.
I used only 8 mL of C1 to coat the whole car.... paint only not the glass although you can. and i used 13mL of the exo product.
Of course i used there P1 polish to remove swirls and holograms. i hope this helps.
Good lighting is a must. if you miss removing any coating then your stuck with it for 6 years or so.
Prep prep prep. if you dont prep well you cant expect the sealant to polish a turd....
Dont rush enjoy it.
Make sure your car is completely dry! i mean no water anywhere. if a small drip runs over the uncured sealant , or when your applying it, its game over!.
Use new micro fibre cloths not old ones

Last edited:
I will finally get her out of my dads garage tomorrow got my alloys fitted, now i need 2 new tyres michellen crossclimate i think.

Your pictures of your vehicle polished are superb, if I did not know it was an A2 I would have said it was a new vehicle. best polish job I have seen of an A2, of course you photoshoped the pics . lol

I wish I was anywhere near doing this. Essentially I bought a compete agreed of an a2 and I've not even started spraying the bits that need fine let some sealing. Very depressing!

What combo of pads and polish did you find you had to use?

I wish I was anywhere near doing this. Essentially I bought a compete agreed of an a2 and I've not even started spraying the bits that need fine let some sealing. Very depressing!

What combo of pads and polish did you find you had to use?

Hey, dont get depressed i might have a shiny A2 but something might blow up lol. I only use Gtechniq. not sponsored in any way by them i just trust there products.
I used there wool pad for cutting and medium polishing pad for the rest, with their P1 polish compound. One problem with the A2 is the plastic on the wings etc , its very easy to over hear the paint and OMG blisters! so you need to be carful.

Back