New Member HELP misfire problems

kev12

hi all first time owner of a 2003 Audi A2 1.6 fsi 114k but having problems . firstly a bit of recent history engine warning light on and misfire so had diagnostic test done and fault showed misfire on 2 & 4 cylinders so replaced all coils and plugs to be sure and inspected throttle body all clean no carbon seen earth cable checked , car starts fine seems to run ok when engine cold but then sadly still misfiring and engine light starts to flash and goes into what seems like limp mode loses power . really stuck and losing the will :confused: cheers
kev

Coolant temperature sensor? I think Evros (Evripides forum name) should be able to help more. He is quickly resolving what's left of the 12 error codes since we scanned his fsi last week. From what I remember, coolant sensor gives two signals, one for the instrument cluster temp gauge and the second one for the ECU. The output values can be checked with VCDS. This is as much help, if any, a TDI owner could offer.

Regards,
Boris

Always worth trying a good injector cleaner additive, can make the world of difference! i'm sure your already running her on 98 RON which also really helps...

Mine had the same problem.
There was a problem with one injector. (common problem on FSI's)
Had the 4 replaced, while at it.

Nope... lol the whole inlet manifold has to come off to get to th injectors, bit of a pita...

At £170 each, it's hard to justify replacing all four, but garage bills for having the manifolds off each time would soon mount up. Once you do get the damned thing running properly it makes it all worthwhile...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Injectors are only £127.00 each from a Bosch Agent and GSF sell Bosch injectors for £198 but with a 56% discount its £87 (i believe they are reconditioned from GSF)

http://www.paulgunstone.com/latest-news

They will test your injectors for £20-25 and supply new ones for £127.48

Last edited:
I really would make sure you've exhausted all the 'easy' fix's before you go for replacing injectors. Double check you've got no air leaks, run a decent injector cleaner through, only use 98 RON or better petrol. There have been examples of people replacing injectors and still not fixing misfire issues.

Nick

thanks i think i am going to check all the simpler and cheapest options first and keep you informed . Thanks for the info I will get this damn car running 100% if it kills me ;) ive had a small taste of what it drives like and i'am liking it :D but when it plays up well thats another thing :mad:

Back