New Audi windscreen fitted

drewroberts

A2OC Donor
Just had a brand new Audi (Saint gobain) windscreen fitted as the one on the car, (which was a guardian after market one) had some cracks in it. All for the bargain price of £75 with no extra premium to pay, which is the glass cover excess on my comprehensive policy with Highway through brokers Chris Knott.
Looks really nice and very clean, I wonder how long it will stay like that.

See you all on Saturday at ADI, I can't wait to see you all again. Oh and apologies if my car is dirty that's because I'm not allowed to wash it for two days Autoglass' orders ☺.
All the best,
Drew.

Did they make a fuss about an OEM screen? I had mine done by Autoglass a couple of months back and I forgot to ask for an original. Doesn't seem to be any problem with the pattern one though.

No fuss at all. I was informed by Autoglass that some insurance companies charge an extra premium on top of the excess for Audi original glass but my one coughed up straightaway. Mind you, I have over 20 years of not having made a claim, so this may have influenced their decision not to charge me extra. I did ask specifically for Audi glass, not any aftermarket alternatives I'm pleased that they granted my wish.

Back