stuttering acceleration ATL

cheechy

A2OC Donor
Last couple of weeks I've picked up a notable stutter when accelerating hard. This is post remap.

Or can be fairly violent at times in that the power certainly drops then reconnects in under a second.

It's acceleration related so I'm hoping it may well be fuel filter related but I know it may be turbo or intercooler.

fuel starvation , have you actually changed your fuel filter yet , if you have it could be drawing air or not fully bled , if not CHANGE IT NOW lol
regards mark

So when I first got the car I took it to a mechanic and told him to change all the filters Inc fuel. I'm now thinking he didn't do it but will need to investigate.:mad:

Funnily enough I've already ordered a filter as I had my suspicions.

I know of one garage local to me that didn't want to change the fuel filter. He was concerned re the heat shield fixings breaking and damaging the canister/plastic bolt. The garage that eventually did do it said that the they had difficulty in re tightening this bolt. They ended up having to buy a complete canister and bolt from Audi... I think they come together as a kit with the filter Around for around £55. Obviously there wasn't enough room in the engine bay for the filter.

Last edited:
Had exactly the same symptom with my Tdi90 ATL which was resolved by cleaning the MAF. This lasted about 2000 miles before the symptom returned. Eventually replaced the MAF and been OK since.

Back