Bonnet Grille Release Adjustment

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Can anyone advise me on Bonnet Grille Release Adjustment please ? It is always a bit hit and miss these days. Opened it earlier to take the Bonnet off, so I could clean out the inside of the Headlamps before refitting the Bulb Covers now 67boris has kindly sent me a Clip. Put it all back together then later decided I should have checked the Oil Level. It would not release ! Forced it open in the end. I don't think the Release Latch pulls back far enough across the hole. Cable will have stretched but can't see any Adjustment on either end of the Cable. Tried loosening the 2 Screws that hold the Latch in place to move the whole thing across. It is as far as it will go in that direction but still the Latch does not retract fully.

undo the screws as you did and pull the whole thing out into the open as such , then with someone inside the car working the lever for you, apply loads of wd40 to the end holding it upwars so it soaks in well and it should become alot smother and the travel of the wedge end will increase , ive done 2 now that were like yours as such and its just dirt ingress over the years and cable becoming dry , worked a treat for me , also on the hatch part itself theres a large philps screw, with the locking tab on that can be adjusted incase its the hatch being locked in place to tightly ...

OK Ta. I'll try that.

I had the same problem tried the wd40 trick with little improvement then I remembered someone asked me to 3D print a catch. So I printed a new catch off and it now works first time every time
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back