Sister just bought a 1.4 tdi major problem

rippling

Hello , My sister just bought a 1.4 Tdi 75 it was on ebay and in London, The Garaged delivered the car to her Thursday night. She came up to let me see it today, i had a drive , hadnt gone 5 seconds when i said our Turbo isnt working!.
She is sick and trying to contact the seller, bear in mind he drove it from London to Fraserburgh Scotland.
There is nothing ie no leaking air sound , no fault codes etc is there anyway i can disconnect a hose to make the turbo give full boost? i used to have saabs and you could disconnect a vacuum line and turbo would fill the gauge?.
I just want to see if its the turbo or one of the control valves.
They went on a 100 mile drive not knowing the turbo wasnt working came home and called me and said its gone from a full tank of fuel to between half and 3/4.

nope nothing, which makes me think its either the wastgate stuck open a hose off or control valve somewhere

Sounds a bit odd, any disconnected sensors or valves would throw a fault code, do you have VCDS?

id suggest when you look under the bonnet , behind the drivers side head lamp on the large black intake pipes youl see a corrugated pipe just over an inch in diameter thats conected to the large intake pipe with 2 push in parts , push them in and remove pipe , get someone to rev the engine and youl feel the boost pressure blowing from the hole left as such , as it goes im not sure if you get warnings if under boosting , no boost ... even if its a standard 75hp you should feel the turbo working, ie, the engine pulling stronger from about 2100rpm till at least about 3000 , if its flat as a pancake as your suggesting it could be many things without throwing warning lights

your best bet is to find someone local with vag com and do a scan and a road test and monitor fuel and boost ..

id be looking at air filter , fuel filter and then turbo or injectors , another one that i know of is the throttle pedal itself becoming faulty and its like even with your foot on the floor , the pedals only sending the signal out for quarter throttle , so possibly theres a member not too far from you with vag com

Thanks She is going to a Garage tomorrow for them to have a look. Boy i am glad i have a 1.6 lol..... now watch my coil packs pack up lol

Also check the map sensor mine looked like this old one and new one.
bf417acd8096788d7be9b69a730be88f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Back