Information Special colour order FSI help needed

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales

Hi all

I've managed to buy the above FSI. I thought it was Akoya by the guys description over the phone (bought without photos) but its turned out to be a special order colour that i've never come across before. I've contacted 2 Audi dealers who have both confirmed that its a special order colour and therefore can't provide the colour code.

Is there any way to find out the cars original spec codes and colour code without the service book or sticker in the boot?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

There was a post recently I think that provided a link to a 'free' 'Check Car' type website before buying. One item it produced was original car registration location. Ring up that town's Audi dealer (Rear number plate?) as they would have processed the original special paint code. They might be helpful. Just an idea.

Andy

Hi Steve,

There was a post recently I think that provided a link to a 'free' 'Check Car' type website before buying. One item it produced was original car registration location. Ring up that town's Audi dealer (Rear number plate?) as they would have processed the original special paint code. They might be helpful. Just an idea.

Andy

Good idea. Any idea what the app was called.

Looks like Avus silver Steve, popular on the mk1 TT
I could be wrong
Cheers Jeff

Close but no prize :) The camera hasn't caught the colour well, i'll take some more in better light this weekend but its more of a lilac in the flesh.

Last edited:
Received, and whilst an interesting read it does not display the colour code. The box just has 99/--- in it.

It does however look like the car had BOSE and leather from the factory but someone has already nabbed these.

Received, and whilst an interesting read it does not display the colour code. The box just has 99/--- in it.

It does however look like the car had BOSE and leather from the factory but someone has already nabbed these.

Pity. I would not give up on Peterborough Audi. I would go back to them and in my silkiest voice thank them profusely for the spec and explain it does not contain the the paint code essential for my respray of my accident damage. I would ask to please look at your original paper file with the original buyer for the information. I am damn sure there is a paper trail signed by the buyer requesting colour xyz and other options.

Andy

I'd honestly suggest going directly to Audi Tradition with the VIN in your hand if you don't get answers from Peteborough. You could also ask on the German forum, I'm not sure just how many people still work at Audi and could find stuff out.

- Bret

I'd honestly suggest going directly to Audi Tradition with the VIN in your hand if you don't get answers from Peteborough. You could also ask on the German forum, I'm not sure just how many people still work at Audi and could find stuff out.

- Bret

Apparently the Audi database just states special order when they search.

I'm sure it just laziness on the Audi dealers behalf. I managed to get a complete factory print out from Ben now of the "Partsdepot" Ok i had dealt with him personally for a good while when he was at Stafford Audi as Parts Manager. Admittedly it was 4 years ago but it was for our 99 FE Cabriolet. And that car was also a special order paint job, the only one in the country, which the search factory print out uncovered.So it is possible.

diaflash%201695_zps1uss3yy5.jpg

Looks like they need going back in then :)

Back