Plastic diesel filter bolt.

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Over the past few weeks i,ve noted one or two members, including myself, who have experienced problems with the plastic diesel fuel filter bolt. They have either snapped or the thread has become worn. If they break then I don't believe this bolt is sold separately and a complete kit is required from a dealer costing around £55 including a new canister and filter.

I don't know if there is a demand for this but is it possible to 3D print these bolts to save some pennies.... perhaps one for Paul "Depronman".

Cheers
Dave:)

Last edited:
Over the past few weeks i,ve noted one or two members, including myself, who have experienced problems with the plastic diesel fuel filter bolt. They have either snapped or the thread has become worn. If they break then I don't believe this bolt is sold separately and a complete kit is required from a dealer costing around £55 including a new canister and filter.

I don't know if there is a demand for this but is it possible to 3D print these bolts to save some pennies.... perhaps one for Paul "Depronman".

Cheers
Dave:)

3D printing bolts as never worked for me due to the inherent layer separation issues with 3D printing. I coins look to make the bolts out of nylon bar is anyone as the dimensions and thread
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back