VAG-COM KKL for 409.1 - at wits end

Mbzpar

At wits end trying to set up my ebay bought VAG-COM 409.1 and KKL USB cable on Vista. Software installs fine but can I hell as like get it to talk to the cable. Tried all the ports, have sought advice online for installing on vista but still to no avail. Just need the USB driver for Vista to move it forward. Has anyone solved this conundrum on Vista for a similarly bought product?

Keen to read the codes on my 1.4 petrol and to remove the amber emissions light which has become a regular (permanent) visitor these days despite redexing and using the best fuel. Car drives beautifully...I just hate seeing the light for 100 miles a day!

Can I ask two questions?

1/ If I disconnect the car's battery for 30 min will this reset the emissions light on the dashboard to off (then it will illuminate when it finds an issue when driving I presume)
2/ Fail that is there any kind sole near Cambridge or Chelmsford who could scan the vehicle for me?

Thanks Paul

I have a set of FTDI drivers for all versions of Windows
I can send them to you on Monday if this is any good to you

Forgive me for being negative to begin with.

I have zero zero expertise with vag-com/Vcds.
I have no idea about Vag-com 409.1 and KKL USB cable.
i have no idea what vag-com/VCDS I have.

However I installed the Ross-Tech software on Vista without doing anything special and it worked first time. I do remember the set up instructions did make a song and dance about not letting Vista set up the USB driver. I can supply the instructions if you would like, but you probably have them or a internet version but I thought I would offer.

Andy

PS. I also remember dire warnings about aftermarket radios causing havoc.

At wits end trying to set up my ebay bought VAG-COM 409.1 and KKL USB cable on Vista. Software installs fine but can I hell as like get it to talk to the cable. Tried all the ports, have sought advice online for installing on vista but still to no avail. Just need the USB driver for Vista to move it forward. Has anyone solved this conundrum on Vista for a similarly bought product?

Keen to read the codes on my 1.4 petrol and to remove the amber emissions light which has become a regular (permanent) visitor these days despite redexing and using the best fuel. Car drives beautifully...I just hate seeing the light for 100 miles a day!

Can I ask two questions?

1/ If I disconnect the car's battery for 30 min will this reset the emissions light on the dashboard to off (then it will illuminate when it finds an issue when driving I presume)
2/ Fail that is there any kind sole near Cambridge or Chelmsford who could scan the vehicle for me?

Thanks Paul

I'm in Ipswich and will have a go for you at the weekend if you like. I can't guarantee success though - all I will say is that I have a cheap Chinese diagnostic cable and a knackered Sony laptop running Vista and it works on our '03 FSI, although I have to remember which USB port I need to plug it into.

Let me know if this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in Ipswich and will have a go for you at the weekend if you like. I can't guarantee success though - all I will say is that I have a cheap Chinese diagnostic cable and a knackered Sony laptop running Vista and it works on our '03 FSI, although I have to remember which USB port I need to plug it into.

Let me know if this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you got vagcom to work yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got vagcom to work yet ?

Morning Paul, sadly not. Followed online advise (ports etc) and looked for drivers on RossTech site but have not found a driver for Vista that makes the cable recognizable to the software.

Kindest regards

Paul

i bought one of those cheap ebay leads myself aa few years back and remeber it being a headache to get it to work, im sure if you go into control panel, then harware and select device manager ,with the lead plugged in, scan for hardware changes, then scroll down to usb section, then right click for properties and manually assign the port used, try port 1 , on advance settings im sure you can also adjust the transfer speed if you have problems conecting to some controllers, slow this down.. when you open up vag com , on the settings select the same port number you assigned ..

Hi Paul ,
I work in Cambridge everyday & have full vagcom setup, so can scan & reset if necessary.
Keith
Where abouts are you

Morning Paul, sadly not. Followed online advise (ports etc) and looked for drivers on RossTech site but have not found a driver for Vista that makes the cable recognizable to the software.

Kindest regards

Paul

Is it not worth installing windows XP instead of vista. Vista was not Microsoft greatest anyway

£19.00 for genuine cable from gendan uk agent for Ross tech & download vcds lite shareware,

£19.00 for genuine cable from gendan uk agent for Ross tech & download vcds lite shareware,

The cable noted by Paul (Depronman) is a genuine cable too. ;) Neither appear to be official cables, I'd save the £13.97

Back