Wanna be VW storm has arrived (well sort of)

Darren C

Admin Team
[FONT=&quot]Some of you will recall I had ordered a yellow VW Up!, well it has finally arrived.

I'll confess to taking some inspiration from the lovely A2 Storms; notably Mike and Jeff's stunning examples. Sadly a slight mix up (no pun intended) with the order means that I don't have the black roof and mirrors. Dealer is being fair and I have an option of a wrap, but still deciding at this point in time if this is a route I want to explore.

Loving the boldness of the Honey Yellow which suits the funky little car well IMHO. The TSI is a joy and I can feel the power - although running in properly just.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
After another serious family crisis, the arrival of the Up! is a welcome respite.

A few pictures and a bit of early personalisation (as you'd expect)...

20170922_164208.jpg

20170922_164203.jpg

20170922_164225.jpg

20170922_164231.jpg

20170922_164237.jpg

20170922_164250.jpg

20170922_164255.jpg

20170923_083514.jpg

20170923_140228.jpg[/FONT]

Looks nice... I love the metal on the door panels area...

Reminds me of my old 60’s era cars...

Have you mocked up what it would look like in photoshop with the black bits?

Thanks mate.

I have seen it in the pictures and posted it on here before. That is how I wanted it to break up the yellow, but that was factory paint, I'm not sure if I want to go the wrap route.

IMG_0221.JPG

Looks nice... I love the metal on the door panels area...

Reminds me of my old 60’s era cars...

Have you mocked up what it would look like in photoshop with the black bits?

Very nice Darren - I think the wrap would be good to try, at least if you don't like it you can remove it :)

Exactly my thoughts too, on a plus side it's one less area of nice shiny paintwork protected from our flying rats (aka pidgeons) and there poo lol, and rightly said if you don't like it remove it, great choice Darren it looks great mate!
Cheers Jeff

Nice car Darren, I like, Congratulations Pal! is it coming to Wales next year too?!

What's with the R line badge, is it, or isn't it there? ;)

Dare I ask, does replace a certain Juke? lol

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers my friend.

No to Wales mate unless the FSI gives me grief. R-line badge is an eBay item which cost a penny under £6. Metal affair and I saw it when browsing for bits whilst waiting for the car to arrive. I thought it looked good, knew where it would go instantly, I like the quality and despite being a fraud, it is an individual touch which adds a little to the dash IMHO. There are several Up! members already keen and wanting the link to where I bought it from, so I am either a trend setter or leading bad taste. :eek:

Juke lives on mate; the Up! replaces my Mazda 6.

Nice car Darren, I like, Congratulations Pal! is it coming to Wales next year too?!

What's with the R line badge, is it, or isn't it there? ;)

Dare I ask, does replace a certain Juke? lol

Sarge

Liking the new car Darren.
Go for the wrap, I like the look of it with the black roof and mirrors, and of course as others have said you can always remove if you want to.

Thanks Vonnie. I'm undecided on the wrap. I was sold on the factory paint, but I wonder about the adhesive properties, cutting around with a knife etc... It looks good as is, so I will take some time to decide.

Great looking car Darren and a good choice of colour. What I like about the UP is the ease of gear change and the "lower" dash area which creates the feel of a much larger car inside. I have driven a seat Ibiza and owned a later model VW Polo... the dash seems higher and more in yer face. It gives me fond memories of cars I have owned in the past before cars got very "big" and they slot lovely into any space at the supermarket.

The false boot floor is very much like the A2 too !.

Cheers
Dave:)

Last edited:
Looks great Darren --i personally would have the roof wrapped but look at getting another set of mirror caps in black. Great colour.

Cheers Mike, appreciate your counsel.

It is growing on me as is, but the option is there still - no immediate need to rush into it. A carbon roof might also look good; leaving the mirrors body coloured.

Looks great Darren --i personally would have the roof wrapped but look at getting another set of mirror caps in black. Great colour.

Back