Map sensor

Has anyone had this problem 1.4tdi 75 map sensor keeps blowing the car has a stealth remap.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I have had issues with the MAF sensor very occasionally showing a fault (mainly after short journeys) and replaced the MAP sensor once after the stealth remap. Initially I bought a cheap one off ebay but soon found this to be a false economy. I bought one from a dealer and touch wood its been fine up to press. I also think that quality diesel such as Shell V power has helped and if, on the very odd occasion the sensors show a fault, (engine management light comes on), I just delete/reset it with my cheap £10 VAG coder and its fine.

My car also developed a turbo "cheep" after the remap. I,m sure if you ring Vince he will be able to help. I,ll stand corrected but I think he said he would return it to factory setting for free if I wasn,t happy. I think it has been said on previous threads that a remap may not be responsible for faults occurring and that the increase in power may reveal weak spots and faults within the turbo system.

Cheers
Dave:)

Last edited:
I have had issues with the MAF sensor very occasionally showing a fault (mainly after short journeys) and replaced the MAP sensor once after the stealth remap. Initially I bought a cheap one off ebay but soon found this to be a false economy. I bought one from a dealer and touch wood its been fine up to press. I also think that quality diesel such as Shell V power has helped and if, on the very odd occasion the sensors show a fault, (engine management light comes on), I just delete/reset it with my cheap £10 VAG coder and its fine.

My car also developed a turbo "cheep" after the remap. I,m sure if you ring Vince he will be able to help. I,ll stand corrected but I think he said he would return it to factory setting for free if I wasn,t happy. I think it has been said on previous threads that a remap may not be responsible for faults occurring and that the increase in power may reveal weak spots and faults within the turbo system.

Cheers
Dave:)
I use shell vpower all the time the last map sensor it blew the back off I've replaced the turbo and all vacuum pipes and hoses have been checked new maff sensor new intercooler new n75 egr blanked off and the only code is p17964 negative pressure so I'm thinking map sensor again as I'm on the second one I've read the rosstech explanation for the code and it's clearly none of that.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

original Audi Sensor or pattern part sensor ?
If pattern part then as the saying goes you get what you pay for

Back