Everything stops

JJIN

For 0,5seconds... So couple times next has happened. Cold start in the morning, normal driving about 10-15minits and then everything dies... But after 0,5 seconds or so everything works normal again and no problems. No warning lights or any other problems. This has now happened 3 times and every time in the same way, doesn't happen every time. Is my Audi going to die or what???

Lähetetty minun Lenovo A7600-F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

For 0,5seconds... So couple times next has happened. Cold start in the morning, normal driving about 10-15minits and then everything dies... But after 0,5 seconds or so everything works normal again and no problems. No warning lights or any other problems. This has now happened 3 times and every time in the same way, doesn't happen every time. Is my Audi going to die or what???

And the car is 2003 1.4

It could be a intermittent earth fault, have you checked the engine earth connection under the drivers side headlamp (I see you are in Finland).

Steve

I would also check the smaller lead that is attached to the positive battery connection.

Steve B

Reactions: oko
It could be a intermittent earth fault, have you checked the engine earth connection under the drivers side headlamp (I see you are in Finland).

Steve
Checled this tonight. Contact was not bad but definately not as good as it should be. Cleaned it and put it back together. I'm not sure but it seems that car works better, run's smoothier. Now just have to wait and see.
Very difficult place to clean, is there anything in this car that You can easily access???

ei.

:)

if the rev counter hits zero and you don't need to restart, it's more than likely one of the camshaft sensors, probably the one just above the gearbox.

Missä päin suomessa?

- Bret

ei.

:)

if the rev counter hits zero and you don't need to restart, it's more than likely one of the camshaft sensors, probably the one just above the gearbox.

Missä päin suomessa?

- Bret
That is exactly what happens, but should't there be some fault code?

Forssa

only until the engine is stopped. The part isn't hard to find, but it's not cheap (noin €80 muistaakseni) and it's relatively simple to change as it's on top of the gearbox. It's a not-uncommon fault on 1.4s.

- Bret

only until the engine is stopped. The part isn't hard to find, but it's not cheap (noin €80 muistaakseni) and it's relatively simple to change as it's on top of the gearbox. It's a not-uncommon fault on 1.4s.

- Bret

Foundthese
Capture.PNG

First one is on the top of engine, I think and the second one is somewhere else. Found also this => http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15996-Engine-speed-sensor-Crank-position-sensor-FSI
If this is the case, it does not sound like easy job. No pictures so can´t really tell...

Back