Wipers not working

irfan a8

Hi 2 of my a2's have developed the same problem within a week of one another the wipers have stopped working on both , the washer works but no wiper. Fuses ok. I understand it could be an earth but if it does get going once i earth the body surely there is a common point causing this problem ? Where do I trace the earth to? Isn't it part of the loom? Thanks

Turns out I need a Wiper Motor , think it may be best to get a new one, is there a current discount with GSF? Thanks

Turns out I need a Wiper Motor , think it may be best to get a new one, is there a current discount with GSF? Thanks

I think after seeing the price of a new one you may go second hand. Can do oen for £12.50 plus postage.

I eoukdnt buy a new one until you have at least attached a temporary earth wire to see if the motor still works.

I have even used a half inch socket extension bar to touch a metal point and the motor body to temporarily make the earth.
Just switchbthe ignition on and the wiper on then touch the bar against the wiper body and s nearby metal part of the body.

I wouldn't mind betting the the wiper he wiper motor springs into life.
If it does you just need to run a wire from a nearby bolt that is metal to metal and that should sort it.

If it still doesn’t work then Steve will sort you out a motor.

Steve B

I have 2 a2's with the same problem my mechanic said the first one had an earth at the motor and live plus relay ok but not working so he said motor to which I have ordered and paid Steve.
The second car is now with him to check if it's earth etc, I will do the extension bar just incase tomorrow to see. Thanks

Back