Engine overheated & seized- what to do next 1.6 sport FSi

BOFUTH

Hi Guys

The engine on my car has seized up, and the local repair shop suggests a new engine.

How much do these cost, and best place to source them.

Car is immaculate, 90,000 wonderful miles.

If I do not replace engine, best way to sell the car.

Thanks

There was a 1.6 fsi engine that went for 100 the other day, suspect head gasket would have been easy fix, some people on here are breaking them cars and might have complete engine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey guys, really would appreciate any more input.

or do I just sell the car as is. Really a very nice car.

Will pay a fair price for good engine

Id suggest repairing your original engine if possible, its a fair chance to take on a second hand engine ,Not knowing its condition and actual mileage, do you know exactly whats wrong with your engine , how it came to be seized, , cam belt snapped, jumped teeth , heat seized from overheating ect ect ect as this may be the better route but more information would be needed

Hi bofuth,

If you're interested I have engine & gearbox that was in my project car. Done around 89,000 miles. Engine was running rough, but believe it was the flaps or whatever the usual problem is. Can't say on the gearbox as it was only ever in 1st gear, moving it around, but previous owner was driving round in it before mis-fire/running rough. If you're interested & can collect, its yours free. Doesn't have manifolds, starter, alternator, etc but obviously these can be swopped from your engine.
Would need collecting from near Boston, Lincolnshire.

Cheers. John.

Hi bofuth,

If you're interested I have engine & gearbox that was in my project car. Done around 89,000 miles. Engine was running rough, but believe it was the flaps or whatever the usual problem is. Can't say on the gearbox as it was only ever in 1st gear, moving it around, but previous owner was driving round in it before mis-fire/running rough. If you're interested & can collect, its yours free. Doesn't have manifolds, starter, alternator, etc but obviously these can be swopped from your engine.
Would need collecting from near Boston, Lincolnshire.

Cheers. John.

That's cool. Will send you a PM

UPDATE

We all tried hard, but no success. The supplied engine did not work ( compression issues and other).

With regret I am nor planning to spend any more money on the car and so wish to dispose of it - it is a 1.6FSI in excellent condition, metallic black. A set of 15" winter tyres also available.

Any offers/ suggestions most welcome.

P1150851.jpgP1150846.jpg

Pics of the car

Back