Stainless Braided brake hose

putyourmittenson

Posted this on Today I a few days ago but have some pictures now .

I've been thinking to get my TDI90 remapped at some point. If I do go ahead with it some firmer braking power might be nice and the other day I managed to grab some HEL performance stainless braided brake hoses. Install is very very easy and the only modification needed is to drill out the hose brackets from 14mm to 16mm which a step drill makes light work of.
e43bbf7670018740dd0274ed762675c7.jpg
4d0d97878897df1581dba8b922c377d3.jpg
fcd89c73d00b4da66abba6c515e680d0.jpg

also got round to adding the A2oc sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had much of a chance to fully realise the change in braking performance yet but from some light commuting they seem to make the pedal feel more precise and less spongy.
For anyone else who may be interested in this modification i wouldn't 100% recommend doing the rear lines as the kit only replaces the 2 rubber hoses that are mounted on the beam axle (as photographed). On my TDI 90 just before going to the calliper the hardline changes to rubber again.

Last edited:
...i wouldn't 100% recommend doing the rear lines as the kit only replaces the 2 rubber hoses that are mounted on the beam axle (as photographed). On my TDI 90 just before going to the calliper the hardline changes to rubber again.

On the TDI 75, however, the rigid pipework that runs along the rear axle goes straight into the drum brake pistons, meaning that the braided lines that feed the rear axle are all that's required. :)

Cheers,

Tom

On the TDI 75, however, the rigid pipework that runs along the rear axle goes straight into the drum brake pistons, meaning that the braided lines that feed the rear axle are all that's required. :)

Cheers,

Tom

I imagine that is the same for the 1.4petrol as well. Its just the Fsi and the 90 with the disc brakes that you can't fully get rid of the rubber lines.
On a side note Timmus you have a PM from me.

Did you manage ok with releasing brake nipple on front calliper?
I too have some braided lines but after a disaster from the rear nipples snapping off, I was a little hesitant with the fronts and ended up calling it a day. Bought some penetrating spray for round 2, hopefully that should work.

Look great by the way.

Ross

Did you manage ok with releasing brake nipple on front calliper?

I haven't had this issue with an A2 yet but did have a mk4 golf once which the bleed nipples were rock solid on. In the few days leading up to doing some brake work as well as dowsing in penetrating fluid i did lots of hard braking to get some temperature into the callipers and then whilst still hot/warm was able to 'crack' the bleed nipples free.

Back