TDI joins Fsi sibling.

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Collected the 2005 TDI 75 today, time to get tinkering. It's a Special Edition (as opposed to SE) so has few 'luxuries' though it does have (non-functioning) climate. It also doesn't send ambient air, preferring to send heat only, though I live in Scotland so not necessarily an issue for 9 months of the year. ;)
Plans for a remap (diy suggestions welcome-Paul?)
Leather wheel etc
Cruise
Towbar and roof bars(anyone carry kayaks or canoes?)
LED lights (I really dislike warm white /tungsten light)
to be continued. :)
It's good to be driving an A2 again. IMG_20170927_180203-1280x960.jpg

It sounds like your temperature flap is stuck.

When you get chance just run the car and constantly set the heat to max then to minimum and then to max many times.

That can free up a jammed temperature flap.
It has worked for me several times in many of the A2s I have had with this problem.

Worth a try.

Steve B

Reactions: chb
It sounds like your temperature flap is stuck.

When you get chance just run the car and constantly set the heat to max then to minimum and then to max many times.

That can free up a jammed temperature flap.
It has worked for me several times in many of the A2s I have had with this problem.

Worth a try.

Steve B

Apologies for bargin in but I have a side-question if you can Steve.

Do you know if a sticky or stuck motor could lead to different vent temepratures, i.e., left-most vent is colder than the rest in a decreasing manner from left-to-right? I have tried exercising the flaps as you suggested many times but to no avail. Last time I checked using Boris' VCDS it did report an issue with the temp motor. It is intermittent with 95% failure rate soI only get cold air coming out 5% of the times or so.

Sorry for barging in but this vent temp difference observation appears not to have been reported before on here. I did make a post about it but despite the numebr of views no one has replied yet.

Evros

Apologies for bargin in but I have a side-question if you can Steve.

Do you know if a sticky or stuck motor could lead to different vent temepratures, i.e., left-most vent is colder than the rest in a decreasing manner from left-to-right? I have tried exercising the flaps as you suggested many times but to no avail. Last time I checked using Boris' VCDS it did report an issue with the temp motor. It is intermittent with 95% failure rate soI only get cold air coming out 5% of the times or so.

Sorry for barging in but this vent temp difference observation appears not to have been reported before on here. I did make a post about it but despite the numebr of views no one has replied yet.

Evros
Sorry,

but I don't think this is related to your issue, the flap controls the temperature across the system, not specific areas, even the motors that control the direction don't have separate parts for each side.

So you may well just have a blocked or disconnected pipe, or leaves in the system that are reducing the flow on one side.

Check the cabin Air con filter (under the glove box) it is not likely to be related but it could reduce the flow and so affect the balance.

Steve B

Thanks Steve,

I have never bothered checking the state of the cabin filter so might as well do so.

Regards,
Evros

Back