Petrol recommended sparks?

Deftly

Finally spoke to Tony at A2cars, lovely chap indeed! he mentioned petrol engines service charge is £50 dearer as special spark plugs were needed to ensue smooth operation? I do have the stuttering misfire issue... gaskets between cylinder heads given way? hope not. Rusty earth connection and old sparks, yes please!!! me me me ..

So which are the recommended sparks for petrols?, i did search on here... grrrrr. no info... specifacally something to do with optimal temperature ranges or something?

P.s - Sarge showed me how to shut my boot lol, drop from few inches away, not hold and slam..... thanks Sarge, legend!

Iridium spark plugs are are made of a much less conductive material. Because of this, they operate optimally at a much lower temperature, lasting in average of 40,000 – 60,000 miles (compared to copper). Performance is not as great, but longevity is by far the greatest when compared to copper.

Platinum much like iridium, operate under lower temperature. Although prone to overheating, they can last 2x longer than an ordinary copper spark plug. Performance may be down, these spark plugs will enable you to get the most out of them before having to get a new pair.

Double platinum spark plugs are improved versions of single plated platinum plugs. A MUCH longer life span and improved engine performance are what makes these plugs very good. Again, not the best conductors but by far the greatest life span you can get from any set of plugs.

quoted from mycarneedsthis website... SO which do you guys ? use? copper for performance, and one of the above for less misfires at idle?

Last edited:
Iridium spark plugs are are made of a much less conductive material. Because of this, they operate optimally at a much lower temperature, lasting in average of 40,000 – 60,000 miles (compared to copper). Performance is not as great, but longevity is by far the greatest when compared to copper.

Platinum much like iridium, operate under lower temperature. Although prone to overheating, they can last 2x longer than an ordinary copper spark plug. Performance may be down, these spark plugs will enable you to get the most out of them before having to get a new pair.

Double platinum spark plugs are improved versions of single plated platinum plugs. A MUCH longer life span and improved engine performance are what makes these plugs very good. Again, not the best conductors but by far the greatest life span you can get from any set of plugs.

quoted from mycarneedsthis website... SO which do you guys ? use? copper for performance, and one of the above for less misfires at idle?
I've got the same issue with the 1.4 petrol and am going through various potential fixes as per threads on here. I doubt performance would be affected by the spark plug as much as it is by the misfire! The fuel economy drops horrendously when the misfire sets in! I've also been told by a local mechanic it could be caused by a faulty coolant temp sensor which is an easy replacement apparently. If you try any spark plug in particular I'd be interested to bear how you get on...

Storm.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

i went for the bosch super 4 noded ones, part no.0 242 232 502 the ones i pulled out were triple node, NGk's... all quite badly worn actually.
Smoothest drive ever. Albeit, the misfire was from a faulty ignition cable with a pinhole crack in it, which finally gave in totally.

Back