rev counter hits zero / crankshaft sensor problem?

JJIN

rev counter hits zero / crankshaft sensor problem? Petrol 1.4 AUA engine

So problem with the car is that when driving suddenly rev counter hits zero and then after 0,2seconds it works again. No need to stop/restart, nothing, no fault codes no engine lights. Only other symptom is that when starting the engine You have to start quite a long time. Now I have read here at the forum that it could be crankhaft sensor, but is there more than 1 of those and where it is? Found these sensor
Capture.PNG
I think other is at the top of engine (camshaft sensor?), but have no idea where to look for the other part? Both cost around 30€ so I´ll just change those and see if that makes symptoms go away or does anybody have any better ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi JJIN,

When posting such threads, it's always helpful to let people know which engine you've got.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi JJIN,

When posting such threads, it's always helpful to let people know which engine you've got.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi
Sorry, I thought it would show somewhere... But anyway car is 2002 1.4 petrol AUA engine I believe.

Lähetetty minun Lenovo A7600-F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Sorry, I thought it would show somewhere... But anyway car is 2002 1.4 petrol AUA engine I believe.

By going to your A2OC profile, I can see that you own a 1.4 petrol. However, there is an inherent limitation to this because many people have more than one A2, but you can only provide information about one A2 on your profile. Anyway, thanks for clarifying which engine you're having trouble with.

Unfortunately, I know very little about the petrol engines, so this is my time to hand over to someone else. Hopefully someone with more detailed knowledge of the 1.4 petrol will come along.

Cheers,

Tom

By going to your A2OC profile, I can see that you own a 1.4 petrol. However, there is an inherent limitation to this because many people have more than one A2, but you can only provide information about one A2 on your profile. Anyway, thanks for clarifying which engine you're having trouble with.

Unfortunately, I know very little about the petrol engines, so this is my time to hand over to someone else. Hopefully someone with more detailed knowledge of the 1.4 petrol will come along.

Cheers,

Tom
Just answering to my self that the problem was crankshaft sensor. Changed the krankshaft sensor today and no problems after that.

Last edited:
Just answering to my self that the problem was krankshaft sensor. Changed the krankshaft sensor today and no problems after that.

Excellent news! Many thanks for updating the thread with the solution to your car's problems. :)

Back