Loose indicators in the front wings ?.

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Every time I wash my A2 and go over the indicators in the front wings I think, "they seem a bit loose", and always put off doing something about it. I am slightly concerned though that one day they will fall out and be lost out on the road.

Is it simply a case of gently prizing them out and extending some form of metal clip or are new indicators required.

Many thanks for any help.

Dave. :)

Dave,

I've noticed this as well. In my case the plastic retaining clip had become brittle and had broken which meant the indicator rattled around.
I don't think there's any chance of it falling out, if it does there's a wire to prevent if from getting lost.

I fixed mine with a bit of blue tack to hold it in place, this was about 2 years ago!

If you want to replace, then genuine replacements are probably quite cheap as they will be common to other models, or there's a range of aftermarket versions to choose from on eBay.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve... I thought something on them must have worn. I will start looking now for replacements.

Ive had this problem before, one of the locating lugs just did not seem to hold it tight enough in place. I used some 3m double sided tape, i removed the indicator , cleaned everything up and applied the tape and pressed back into place, the indicator sticks out a tiny bit more than original like 0.5 mm so not noticable and it will never come lose again ...

Mine fell out on the drivers side as the tab holding it in was broken so hanging by the wire. Temporarily I fixed it with tape and then I (read Robin and Darren C) replaced them with clear aftermarket ones.

Be careful if replacing them to keep hold of the wire and not let it fall back within the wing, especially if changing them on the A2OC stand at a show!

I use a bit of Velcro to hold them in temporarily.

and as already suggested watch you don't lose the wires.

I put some sticky tape rounfd the wire and leave a long piece of it attached to help stop it.

A wire coat-hanger with a bend at the end will retrieve it if you do o lose it.

Every one I have bought off eBay that are listed as suitable for the A2 has a thick strip of plastic that stops the unit from sitting correctly, I always have to trim that down, perhaps the A2 is not so compatible with other models when it comes to side repeaters.

Steve B

Last edited:
I bought a couple of cheapie replacements of the bay. Tight fit, they are not coming out now, but then i did install led repeater bulbs so no worries.

Back