Winter wheels & tyres fitted - a bit early I know!

Rich2508

A shoulder operation booked for later this week means I won't know when I will be fit enough to work on the car so decided to swap the 17" A1 S-Line wheels I bought earlier in the year to some 16" A1 Sport wheels I purchased a few months ago and put winter tyres on.

Whilst I loved the look of the S-lines, the sport wheels do suit the car as well.

Sadly they won't be on for that long as my new car is due for delivery early next year. - I miss driving an automatic and my wife has a problem with her left knee which means driving the A2 is becoming more painful. An unbelievable deal knocking over £10k off the price of a Golf GTE including £5k Scrappage for the A2 was too good to turn down.

I know it's criminal to be breaking such a nice car but I will strip it of as many nice parts as possible - winter wheels, mudflaps, false floor, spare wheel mats etc the week it goes.

I will probably put the S-lines up for sale soon once I know how quick my recovery from the op will be.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

£5000 for your A2?

Will need a car for my son soon when he hopefully passes his test and was looking at letting him use my A2 for college this year or University next year

We found that many insurance companies won't touch a 17 year old trying to insure a 1.4 TDI, those that will are very expensive.

I was offered a deal of £2000 for 12 months to have him as a named driver on my A2 but think he may only be covered third party.

For @ £1700 he could insure a ( Citroen C1 or Peugeot 107 :eek:) in his own name with me as named driver plus he will earn his own no claims and get a telematics box which he won't get if on my policy.

Yes the Scrappage deal is mad, wouldn't have mattered if it was a mega mileage uncared for car they still give the same.

I know what you mean about insurance, I got a quote a few months ago for my daughter who is 17 soon and it was silly, bought a Fiat 500 Convertible for her to have (if she can wrestle it off my wife...) and insurance was half the price.

Back