Wipers stopped working

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
Morning folks, Anna's A2 (Project X) has just had a serious malfunction in the wiper department :(

This morning all functions packed up, no wipe, no wash nothing. I've checked the fuse, and that's fine. Hopefully it's just the relay, but I'm not certain where that relay is. Any clues where to look?

When mine did that it was a bad Earth on the Wiper Motor. Auto Electrician diagnosed and fixed it after I wasted days trying different Wiper Relays and checking for a blown fuse.

I had a combination of problems with mine , first wiper motor body earth , design of the motor assembly means there is a point internaly that builds up corrosion and gives a bad earth , temp fixed with earth cable direct to chassis , 2nd was a bad switch which you could get working if holding it in a certain position , worth checking if there is slack in switch, which should feel positive with no wobbles on stalk

Thanks Guys - I've got Tom having a look at it at the moment for me :) From the symptoms it sounds like the poor earth is the most likely culprit.

Back