1.4tdi 2001 what oil to use?

I use Quantum Longlife 111 5W-30 fully synthetic. 5 Litres will cost you around £26 on ebay.

I use TRIPLE QX Fully Synthetic (For PD engines) Engine Oil - 5W-40 - 5ltr

From Euro car parts, catch them when they have a 35% off (which is 2 or 3 times a week ATM) at its around the £20 mark

I always use the oil from Audi..the longlife stuff..............last time I got some it was 33 quid for 5 ltrs..................prob not that now.

This afternoon I bought the oil for the cars service from Audi Bolton.....price for 5L...................£26.25 + VAT. works out at £31.50.
Oil filter..............£8.47 +vat...................sump plug.£2.62 + VAT

The oil is the Quantum longlife 3.........5W-30.It was nearly two years ago when I bought the same oil and its cheaper now than then and it wasn't on offer .

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

This afternoon I bought the oil for the cars service from Audi Bolton.....price for 5L...................£26.25 + VAT. works out at £31.50.
Oil filter..............£8.47 +vat...................sump plug.£2.62 + VAT

The oil is the Quantum longlife 3.........5W-30.It was nearly two years ago when I bought the same oil and its cheaper now than then and it wasn't on offer .

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up , as it goes my service warning came up the other day a 1000 miles till service in my daily driver, i hadnt noticed but its been 9000 trouble free miles since crimbo so ile be needing some oil and filters in the next couple weeks

i just recently bought 5 ltrs of quantum longlife 3 5w 30 for £15 delivered from ebay so i got a bargain there!

castrol magnatec 5w 30 fully synthetic c3 and a5 specs 4ltrs £8.50 tesco nationwide :) i bagged 2 x 4ltr didn't want to get too gready ;) they also had 10w 40 too.

Tesco had an offer. 4 litres £10 5W40 fully synth. Specs were right so thought Id try it. Still running ...... Ive seen engines fail running oil that was £20 a litre, more important to have some in it :)

I use the Quantum Longlife 111 5w30 in mine too, in fact in all my cars, top quality oil.

Used to use Castrol Edge but it's now silly money and no better than the Quantum.

Just to let you know that the Quantum is actually made by Fuchs now rather than Castrol as it used to be. I believe it's actually the Titan GTR rebadged but again is as good an oil as you can buy?

When looking at oil specs, to compare prices for what seems to be the same, there's a difference between those oils that are tested to XXX. XX (which means it has actually been certified to the OEM Spec) and "meets" or similar wording, (which means is has been blended to meet XXX. XX, but has not been tested or certified ). Testing is expensive, so only the brands do it. As with fuel, you, generally, get what you pay for, it's the wizzy additives etc that make the difference, in price and performance.
A few quid on oil is insignificant when your 'box or engine goes bang. Oil's in there for a year or so, so it's an investment in my opinion. See here for more detail:

Mac.

I agree that oil, (along with tyres and brakes) is the most important serviceable item on any car and not something to scrimp on.

The Quantum Longlife 111 5w30 is Vw507 approved as is the Fuchs Titan GT1 Longlife 111 that I was referring to, not GTR that was my mistake.

I always use the Longlife oil as I believe it's better even though I change the oil annually regardless of mileage anyway.

Back