Surging air-flow from interior heater

dicko

Driving last night I noticed the cabin not warming up - even though engine temp was fine and I did a 20 mile journey. Had climate control set on 22 degrees, was cold and wet after shooting a few clays, and the cabin was not warming up but the heater blower was surging. Have looked at various posts re heater flap sticking but have not seen reference to the blower surging. Anybody got any ideas. Am going to try giving the heater system a bit of - hot/cold variation change to see if it is the flap but looking for suggestions.

Mine appears to cycle the flaps - it produces surges in air movement in turn. I don’t have a fix yet - I’m sure I’ve got some errors last time I checked but need to get back on it. Putting the vents to centre seems to give heat better than auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving last night I noticed the cabin not warming up - even though engine temp was fine and I did a 20 mile journey. Had climate control set on 22 degrees, was cold and wet after shooting a few clays, and the cabin was not warming up but the heater blower was surging. Have looked at various posts re heater flap sticking but have not seen reference to the blower surging. Anybody got any ideas. Am going to try giving the heater system a bit of - hot/cold variation change to see if it is the flap but looking for suggestions.

It could just be a sticky temperature flap.

The fan speed will vary if they are stuck, the fan operation is linked to the temperature (so that it backs off until the heater temperature is warm enough.

I would keep cycling the temperature from hot to cold and back again many times with a warm / running engine.

It took me ages on one A2 but it suddenly worked and stayed working after that.

Steve B

We've had the same thing where the heater motor surges briefly or for a good few seconds when we go over a jolt on the road. The heating is working fine it's just that it's not on full power when selected. I've replied to this thread but nothing came back.Hth. :)

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?30681-J126-Fan-controller

All good advice - cheers. Yesterday I gave all the climate control buttons some jip by changing temp, auto, manual, fan, screen, mid-vents and lower vents. Had a slight improvement re surging when in auto so going to work on this sequence over the next week. I think its a matter of "lack of use" is the main problem thus flaps sticking. Will post back re progress. Cheers.

That's good to know. My A2 has fine that intermittently for years now. Fitted a new Blower earlier this year ( a real sod of a job ). Thought it might have been different after that. 'Twasn't. Now the Air Con is working again, after a new Condenser last week, I'll try that Temperature Cycling.

Ta.

Back