Suspension / Roll bars

Considering lowered suspension and maybe roll bars mod.
Been advised by a mate not to do it as ride would be unbearable?

Any one done this ?

Considering lowered suspension and maybe roll bars mod.
Been advised by a mate not to do it as ride would be unbearable?

Any one done this ?

Lowering hardly affects the ride, yes it might be slightly stiffer, but that improves handling.

My A2 was lowered 30mm and I had 19" wheels on and the ride was fine, the A2 has a firm ride anyway, those mods will NOT make the ride unbearable!!

Steve B

Last edited:
yes, Bilstein B8 and H&R ARBs front and rear.

It's what I run and it's ... well, let's put it like this: you can put nearly a full turn of lock on at 20mph to go around a corner and the car just goes. No roll to speak of, just lateral acceleration. The wife dislikes it, offspring thinks it's hilarious.
Driving fast, flowing country roads that give and take at 50-60mph is a joy.

- Bret

Any pics of your car mate I could see ?
Interested in the led interior lights.
Have you got led number plate lights

LED Interior lights are great, you can actually see what you are doing when you get in / out.

I am a huge LED fan but I won't use them on the number plate lights. They produce a very localised light. Too bright where it shines and too dark outside of the narrow beam.

They are fine of course but I prefer an even illumination.

Be careful when buying interior LEDs for the "Map lights", for some reason best known to Audi, they are wired around the opposite way and LEDs need current in a set direction or they simply don't work. On the bullet shaped bulbs that is fine, you can just reverse them in the holder, but the map lights have a central contact and so you would have to dismantle them !!!!

So make sure that you get map light LEDs that are suitable for the reversed polarity.

Steve B

LED Interior lights are great, you can actually see what you are doing when you get in / out.

I am a huge LED fan but I won't use them on the number plate lights. They produce a very localised light. Too bright where it shines and too dark outside of the narrow beam.

They are fine of course but I prefer an even illumination.

Be careful when buying interior LEDs for the "Map lights", for some reason best known to Audi, they are wired around the opposite way and LEDs need current in a set direction or they simply don't work. On the bullet shaped bulbs that is fine, you can just reverse them in the holder, but the map lights have a central contact and so you would have to dismantle them !!!!

So make sure that you get map light LEDs that are suitable for the reversed polarity.

Steve B
Out of curiosity what would you search for? Not sure what the normal polarity on these bulbs.

Can you recommend any leds?

Thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

yes, Bilstein B8 and H&R ARBs front and rear.

It's what I run and it's ... well, let's put it like this: you can put nearly a full turn of lock on at 20mph to go around a corner and the car just goes. No roll to speak of, just lateral acceleration. The wife dislikes it, offspring thinks it's hilarious.
Driving fast, flowing country roads that give and take at 50-60mph is a joy.

- Bret

Sounds familiar, wife dislikes my cornering (even after 29 years) though the kids have been 'programmed' to love it. :)

Back