Our Classic Mercedes

Janin

Both are W124 250TD estate cars (years 1989 & 1992).
The cars are comfortable, engines are very reliable and virtually indestructible.
Very low consumption, too.

Ciao
Janin

Attachments

• 250TD_1989.JPG
    250TD_1989.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 295
  • Ansicht _VR.JPG
    Ansicht _VR.JPG
    822.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Nice!

To me that was the turning point for Mercedes, they seemed to finally realise that they needed to make them more visually appealing and these ARE.

Steve B

Ageless Design

... more visually appealing and these ARE.
Steve B
Indeed, to me the body design (by MB chief designer Italian Bruno Sacco) is ageless.
The W124 models are said to be the last with the good old Mercedes quality... :cool:
Ciao
Janin

Last edited:
Both are W124 250TD estate cars (years 1989 & 1992).
The cars are comfortable, engines are very reliable and virtually indestructible.
Very low consumption, too.

Ciao
Janin

Also of an age that should happily run on veg oil. My previous Focus ran well with diesel, veg and some petrol in the tank. Anyone running their A2 on veg?

My dad ran a W124 230E for a few years (after a brief stint with a W123 230E 4-speed). Both of them were superb in terms of their ride. Definitely spoiled me.

Indeed, to me the body design (by MB chief designer Italian Bruno Sacco) is ageless.
The W124 models are said to be the last with the good old Mercedes quality... :cool:
Ciao
Janin

Yep the next generation cars were built by Accountants and Merc has suffered quite badly ever since.Yours and the earlier models were extremely well engineered and built cars, the W124 is a true classic.:)

Back