Replacement wiper doesn’t fit...

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

The length of the blade isn’t the problem...

It’s the end of the arm being larger than the hole it slides into on the wiper...

You can see how large the original piece is, which easily allows the arm to slide into it

I can just barely get the arm to slide into the beginning of the new wiper because the end of the hole/slot can bend slightly as there is less mass holding it to its shape and of course it will not go in all the way because the slot is too small

Last edited:
they clips look like a standard fitting kit which I know wont fit as I had same prob before upgrading to aero its a specific bosch blade you require for the a2 standard off the shelf ones don't fit

cant remember the blade length but when I went to local autoshop and asked for that length the off the shelf blade was not thick enough to even go through the arm no matter what attachment , after investigating they ordered me a bosch blade , even eurocarparts only had standard blades

I used to just go to wiperblades.co.uk and put in my reg. it came up with a picture of a hook and offered the right retrofit aerotwin Bosch blades.
They were always fine.
If you have a 2002 just check it doesn’t try and offer the side pin type.
I think they were about £10 for the truck blade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, this looks intriguing https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/audi-...duty-hgv-wiper-blade-ar70n-700mm-wiper-blade/

Although I’ve just been to Euro Car Parts down the road and splashed out 20 quid on the retro mechanical contraption exactly like the one that it replaced... which was falling apart...

I really like the one I ordered from amazon that is too small to fit on the arm... either I try and shave a couple mm’s off the arm so it fits or I get the aero thingy from the windshield wiper website you mentioned...

But will that Bosch one actually fit my car?

Ok, the amazon shop that sold me the wrong wiper is sending the correct one with prepaid label to send wrong one back...

So if it really is the right wiper i’ll Have a backup one ready for any wiper emergency...

Whew...

I always carry a spare after I lost one on my Celica on the motorway. I had to keep going with one wiper arm scraping the glass to bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back