Air filter housing

Evoman

Any tips on how to rectify this please good A2OC folks

On removing the air filter housing cap one of the screws was slightly tight to remove - once it came out it had plastic wrapped around the thread which I guess has come from the filter housing it screws into.

Now when I try to tighten it up it is simply spinning. The other screw nips up fine but the housing now has a gap of at least 5mm at the side where the screw doesn't nip up.

Any fix suggestions?

Quick fix and not the best would be to put a self tapping screw into it. The proper fix would be to source a replacement air filter housing second hand. I can do one for £10.

Quick fix and not the best would be to put a self tapping screw into it. The proper fix would be to source a replacement air filter housing second hand. I can do one for £10.

Hi, thanks Steve, I'll do that I reckon. Thanks for the offer. If you can post to Glasgow for me - I'll PM you address details

Thanks - I've used a self tapping screw which has worked just fine, filter cap all secure so I will leave as is for now until the next service when it would make sense to replace the housing I suppose.

Back