Throttle body

QWert

Hi all..

So, my throttle housing (1.6 fsi) have this sound like its trying to align or something.. and it keeps on doing it. I can hear it when not starting the car. .buzzing cogs spinning.. ?!? i have cleaned it and the idle is much better but still the same sound. i even did a test when i did clean it and nothing visible happens to the flap. . ?? is this normal ? my mechanic told me to clean it first but it was time to change it.. :/

// jimmi

Im not sure on the fsi but on the 1.4s after youv had the battery disconected it will work the butterfly to calibrate the throttle body , after this has set it does not recalibrate evry time you turn the ignition on ,,, possibly a fault but hopefully someone clued up on the fsi can help you further..

on another note ive got a good spare fsi throttle body you can have for a good drink and postage , its all still attached to the inlet manifold with the egr buttefly but no good to me as i dont run fsi's

Regards Gary

I believe this to be a common fault with the A2 FSI Throttle body, I'm in the midst of putting together a solution involving a significantly newer part, just waiting for some parts from fleabay.

In my experience this issue also causes misfire issues, hesitation and surging when driving. Obviously a quick fix would be a working throttle body but keep clear of E-Bay, they are ~£180!!!

Oh, when you carry out adaptation of the throttle body, it doesn't move the TB in it's full range, it simply sets the throttle body to it's fully closed position, so i wouldn't expect it to move much.

Topsie

You have!! ok I'm interested of that one. I'm leaving the car to the garage ton monday for fixing the sensor for the manifold inlet flaps.. :/ so then they can change that one at the same time.. :)
will you send a mail. ? [email protected]

thanks ..

Im not sure on the fsi but on the 1.4s after youv had the battery disconected it will work the butterfly to calibrate the throttle body , after this has set it does not recalibrate evry time you turn the ignition on ,,, possibly a fault but hopefully someone clued up on the fsi can help you further..

on another note ive got a good spare fsi throttle body you can have for a good drink and postage , its all still attached to the inlet manifold with the egr buttefly but no good to me as i dont run fsi's

Regards Gary

Ive replied to your pm and emailed you , hopefully we can get you something sorted and get your A2 back on the road again running sweetly

Regards Gary

Back