Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New shape Keys for the A2

New shape Keys for the A2

Hi,

I have managed to get hold of some new shape Audi keys for a very reasonable price. So I can offer these at a lower than usual price.

The cost to me on top of the cost of the key, is 9 for a new key blade and 5 for a new immobiliser chip. I then need to assemble the key with the new immobiliser chip and the best used key fob I have, then some time to code the key properly to the car.

I can now provide this service at 50 for the key coded and working on your A2, but only if you can come to Staines (or Watford). I can also do it at any social that I am attending (most, if not all).

NOTE, this type of key can only be paired to your car if your CCCU (the black plastic control unit under the passenger floor) has a part number ending in AE or AF.

I do have one or two of these CCCUs available but your old keys will not pair with this, so you either have to buy two new shape ones or buy an old shape key that will pair with the AE or AF CCCU. You can still use your original key half that contains your key blade and immobiliser, it is just the remote half of the key that you need to swap.

Price for one new shape key matched to your AE or AF CCCU is 50
    Price for one new shape key and an AE or AF CCU replacement for your CCCU is 110
    Price for two new shape keys and a replacement AE or AF CCCU is 150
    You could pay up to 150 just for an AE or AF unit alone, so hopefully you will realise that these prices are fair.

Stock is limited, the keys are very difficult to find now.

The one advantage of the new shape key (apart from cosmetic) is that they seem less likely to accidentally unlock (or worse still open all of your windows).

The condition will vary because these are used but I will try to get as close to the example below as I can.

You will just need to send me two clear pictures of your current key blade so that I can get the new one cut.
    I will then prepare the key and when we meet up I will code it to your A2.

PM me if you need more info.

Steve B

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New shape key.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	423.4 KB 
ID:	31758
    Last edited by Birchall; 10-10-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

2. 4 users that liked this post:

damadgeruk (10-10-2017), jogon (11-10-2017), Pras (10-10-2017), SinfieldCars (13-10-2017)

That is very reasonable, almost wish I needed a spare key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve, to save me lifting the passenger floor, would you know if this would work on a 2003 model? Is there another way to tell? Chassis number perhaps?
    Project - May 2003 A2 1.4i Sport, Azur Blue, black sports seats with lumbar, open sky, 17" 9 spoke wheels.
    Daily driver - July 2015 BMW 535d GT M Sport, Sophistico grey/ivory leather comforts, 21" wheels, head up display and 10 speaker Gladen audio install.

I'd like a key coded please. Count me in!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I need a spare key, I will check part number when I get home from business in spain. Very reasonable price

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can you reserve one for me please I'll confirm compatibility tomorrow, many thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kleynie View Post
    Steve, to save me lifting the passenger floor, would you know if this would work on a 2003 model? Is there another way to tell? Chassis number perhaps?
    Unfortunately the only way to be sure is to lift the passenger floor and check the part number on the CCCU.
    CCCUs can fail and some people replace the Q version with the AF version (because they are more reliable).
    So you do need to visually check this.

Those people that have expressed an interest and or asked to have one reserved need to PM me with where they want it to be coded please
    At my home in Staines, at my workplace in Watford or at a social.

i will then need you to email me (steve@helpsap.com) with two clear pictures of your key blade so I can order the new blade. These normally takes a few days to arrive.

We can then sort out a date and place.

Cheers
    Steve B
    Last edited by Birchall; 11-10-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenick View Post
    That is very reasonable, almost wish I needed a spare key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Yes, I will always try to sell items and services on here at cost price.
    I am not doing this for profit. The same applies to the Votex style kits (including the rear spoiler) that I will shortly be able to supply.

The Votex jacking point covers (3d copies) are already available from me at cost.

Steve B
    Last edited by Birchall; 11-10-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Steve , I do believe that you are an all round good Guy and will get your reward in A2 Heaven, if not in Scotland.

11. Users that liked this post:

Birchall (11-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by E T Oddie View Post
    Steve , I do believe that you are an all round good Guy and will get your reward in A2 Heaven, if not in Scotland.
    If your idea of a reward is cold rain and wind then Scotland has it ready and waiting for you already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 2 users that liked this post:

Birchall (11-10-2017), Clackers (11-10-2017)