Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New shape Keys for the A2

Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    Unfortunately the only way to be sure is to lift the passenger floor and check the part number on the CCCU.
    CCCUs can fail and some people replace the Q version with the AF version (because they are more reliable).
    So you do need to visually check this.
    Or read with vagcom

Quote Originally Posted by oneflewover View Post
    Or read with vagcom
    Correct, but I think it is easier to just lift the carpet / hatch and see.

Steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Steve Iíll check my CCCU in the morning but id like one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Users that liked this post:

Birchall (11-10-2017)

Hi Birrell

Hi Steve,

I would like to get this done on my partners car she has a AF CCCU but is a bit dodgy forgetting keys etc. So would be great to get the whole works cccu and keys for her car.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrai View Post
    Hi Steve,

I would like to get this done on my partners car she has a AF CCCU but is a bit dodgy forgetting keys etc. So would be great to get the whole works cccu and keys for her car.

Hi Ed,

happy to help.
    Let me know where you can bring the car to me.
    Are you saying you want a replacement AF unit too?
    I am not sure why you would need that, so perhaps I misunderstood?

Also let me know if you are after two additional keys and are they both going to be new shape ones.

Whatever you you need I will try to sort out for you.

Steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Hi Ed,

happy to help.
    Let me know where you can bring the car to me.
    Are you saying you want a replacement AF unit too?
    I am not sure why you would need that, so perhaps I misunderstood?

Also let me know if you are after two additional keys and are they both going to be new shape ones.

Whatever you you need I will try to sort out for you.

Steve B
    Her current cccu is on its way out forgetting key fobs etc so I think it needs replacing anyway, would be interested in the 2 keys and the cccu

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrai View Post
    Her current cccu is on its way out forgetting key fobs etc so I think it needs replacing anyway, would be interested in the 2 keys and the cccu

LOL I thought that you meant your Wife was forgetting key fobs LOL. Not the CCCU !!

it is not a common CCCU fault that. so it might not need a replacement CCCU.

But if you want one I could code the keys to the old one and the new one perhaps?
    That way you have a spare CCCU that can be easily swapped (or sold if the problem occurs with the replacement one too)
    are you sure that it is not a failing fob battery?

But happy to do do whatever you prefer, I am just trying to save you unnecessary costs.

PM me or email me (steve@helpsap.con) with the pictures of one of your fob blades and I will order the new shape ones for you and we can arrange the installation.

cheers
    Steve B

Unfortunately the only way to be sure is to lift the passenger floor and check the part number on the CCCU.
    CCCUs can fail and some people replace the Q version with the AF version (because they are more reliable).
    So you do need to visually check this.

Those people that have expressed an interest and or asked to have one reserved need to PM me with where they want it to be coded please
    At my home in Staines, at my workplace in Watford or at a social.

i will then need you to email me (steve@helpsap.com) with two clear pictures of your key blade so I can order the new blade. These normally takes a few days to arrive.

We can then sort out a date and place.

Cheers
    Steve B
    Steve,
    When you say lift the passenger floor, do you mean the front passenger carpet?

I'm coming to London at the weekend so would appreciate getting this done if possible.

Cheers,

Jules

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Steve, I have checked the CCCU at the weekend and it's an AF. Could I have one of these keys pls? I could drop a spare key round to you with the cash.

Thanks

Ian