Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Is this why me fuel cap door doesn’t work?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Staines, Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    12,304
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Ok guys, I ran outside and just checked... neighbors already think I’m crazy ha ha...

    I used key fob to unlock car and of course lights came on...

    Waited short while for lights to fade off...

    Then opened driver door and no lights turned on... also miles meter and date didn’t light up but I recal them working before... I think this was when I turned engine off with key but left key in ignition so radio was on too...

    Anyway, the rear DooR DOES turn on the lights... how funny is that?

    So can we safely conclude that my drivers side micro thingy is broken?
    yes, they are exactly the symptoms of a dodgy driver’s door micro switch or wiring / solder as has been pointed out to you by Paul etc.

    Steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

    VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    yes, they are exactly the symptoms of a dodgy driver’s door micro switch or wiring / solder as has been pointed out to you by Paul etc.

    Steve B
    Super, I’ll add this to my todo list...
    Current: 2001 A2 TDI Grey
    Old: 2003 A2 1.6 FSI Cobalt Blue

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Staines, Middlesex
    Posts
    177
    Reserve a whole day for this job as the window frame has to be removed. Also make sure the window frame lines up with the roof before putting the door panel back together. Don't make the mistake I made and had to start again.

  4. Users that liked this post:

    OldSchool (12-10-2017)

  5. #14
    I'm in the same boat. My fuel button does not light up or work when the door is open. How easy is this for an idiot such as myself to resolve?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Staines, Middlesex
    Posts
    177
    It's not an easy job but really just requires common sense and a knowledge of how simple switches work, a multi meter or a test lamp is essential though.
    You may have to solder the joints if they are at fault, so make sure you have a soldering iron or a friend with one.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Staines, Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    12,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumacca View Post
    I'm in the same boat. My fuel button does not light up or work when the door is open. How easy is this for an idiot such as myself to resolve?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    it is doable, but not a job that I would recommend to someone unfamiliar with stripping the door down.

    The best thing you can can do is to look at the “how to” on this and then you will see what is involved.

    Go to the “how to” section, then select the “how to index” thread
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...useful-threads
    and in that list of extremely useful posts is one on repairing the micro switch in the door.

    I would guess you might not want to have a go at this yourself, but it is a cheap fix when you DIY it.

    Steve B
    Last edited by Birchall; 16-10-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, cruise, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, DIS, rear Power Socket, false floor, Auto headlights, LED interior bulbs, 18" x 8" - 9 Spoke "Sport" alloys on new 215 35 18 Yokohamas, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

    VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.


  8. Users that liked this post:

    Jumacca (16-10-2017)

  9. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    it is doable, but not a job that I would recommend to someone unfamiliar with stripping the door down.

    The best thing you can can do is to look at the “how to” on this and then you will see what is involved.

    Go to the “how to” section, then select the “how to index” thread
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...useful-threads
    and in that list of extremely useful posts is one on repairing the micro switch in the door.

    I would guess you might not want to have a go at this yourself, but it is a cheap fix when you DIY it.

    Steve B
    Thanks Steve!
    On another note, I'm very quiet re: remap as I can't get hold of an old laptop. I'm assuming using an emulator on a newer laptop wouldn't work?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  10. #18
    MPPS is known to work with Windows 10, what's the problem specifically?

  11. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by damadgeruk View Post
    MPPS is known to work with Windows 10, what's the problem specifically?
    Steve mentioned the laptop should be 32bit - I've only got access to 64 bit!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St Annes on the Sea
    Posts
    1,105
    The MPPS version 12.0.06 or V13 that ships with the cheap MPPS cables bought on ebay for around £10 will NOT work on ANY 64bit version of windows - believe me I have tried and tried again
    It will work OK on any 32 bit windows version.
    In practice this means that Windows 7 32 bit version is the last windows that these cables will work on, there may be 32 bit versions of Windows Vista/Windows 8/windows 10, but they are certainly not main stream, as from post windows 7 the 64bit version was the mainstay from Microsoft

    MPPS will NOT work with a MAC emulator such as parallels etc, you 'may' have a chance with bootcamp and install windows XP or Win7 32 bit, but I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, so no guarantees

    Cheers,
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •