Wheel advice...

OldSchool

A2OC Donor
The wheels on my new A2 are in pretty bad shape... I was going to sand them down and paint them Matt black...

I’m not the kind of person that would spend lots of cash on wheels... I’m broke (twin daughters ha ha) and I need to focus on engine type stuff first... I’m due a timing belt change soon too...

I think I’ve got a slow leak on front passenger side tire and this wheel is in the worst condition of the 4...

I have a 5th wheel in storage that I might get out and see if it might be in better condition than this bad wheel...

I also noticed today that one of the weights on the inner side is floppy and folds off the wheel, it’s hanging off one end that is next to another weight... if the balance is off this could explain the faint vibration I’ve been noticing

I’ve noticed some interesting sets of 4 wheels on the ebay from 60 to 100 quid... these seem to be in better condition than my wheels...

Can I have my front wheels checked for balance? Can they check the wheel is round enough and not damaged to the point that it is causing problems? Leaks or vibrations etc?

Would it be faster and financially more prudent to buy a set of wheels for 100 quid that are in better condition?

My A2 currently has the normal 16 inch wheels...
8E32DD94-523E-4A85-9886-B6873CB6286B.jpeg

I’m digging this style of wheel:
C6EFB6AA-C041-43CC-B56D-59636738E248.jpeg

This style might be too over the top though:
B63C9737-19EA-411F-AA91-026BE000280C.jpeg

Or this:
786DDD0C-A8DA-44FB-A3B1-B443D89DE9A7.jpeg

Basically something a bit retro or old school... or chunky and mad max-esque...

Any other recommendations for wheels? I’ve seen cheap new wheels in the 50 to 70 quid range but not sold on the looks of them... although I suppose practicality might win over aesthetics on this matter...

Last edited:
I’d prefer a black wheel but this style is intriguing... if they don’t do black then maybe I’d go for silver over the graphite Color...

39AFBA43-BDEA-429F-8EFF-A271FB31141C.jpeg

Cool, I’m partial to Matt black or silver-ish but I’ll take a look at your graphite ones...

Will send pm...

So, I’ve found another wheel that is intriguing... it’s the Audi “soft star” wheel...

I’ll find a low Rez photo to post here since it’s impossible to post a normal photo from my phone... argh...

BE385D4D-01D3-46FF-9AD5-CDDE14E246A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back