Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 190

Thread: Project peperami - A2Steve's second project

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Aberdare, South Wales
    Posts
    4,026

    Project peperami - A2Steve's second project

    For those who have been wondering what my new project is, here goes.

    On wednesday I took delivery of my new TDI.

    The car is a 2004 TDI90 SE with red leather, BOSE, opensky, boot mounted cd changer and cruise, but it's the modified spec that makes it a bit interesting.

    It's had the following mods:

    Powerflow 2 1/4 inch stainless cat back exhaust
    Custom made Darkside developments camshaft
    Turbo technics hybrid turbo
    H&R front and rear roll bars
    Drilled and grooved discs with ceramic pads
    Stealth remap

    The car initially made 148bhp at Stealth but this waa tuned down to 135bhp to try to give the DMF an easier life.

    The car is very quick but the noise from the hybrid turbo and stainless exhaust is very addictive.

    This project will be a lot more about go than show unlike my last project and I'm getting to know the car before planning where the mods will go. My current plans though are as follows:

    Front mounted intercooler
    MYP gearbox
    Uprated solid flywheel
    Stainless steel downpipe and decat
    Coilovers

    The car should then be able to be remapped back to around 150bhp plus

    Stay tuned for updates :-)
    Last edited by A2Steve; 12-10-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

    Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve



    Project TDI150 underway

  2. 22 users that liked this post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

    67boris (14-10-2017), andrewparkeruk (13-10-2017), Bargepower (13-10-2017), Birchall (12-10-2017), ca2n (12-10-2017), cheechy (16-10-2017), chubbybrown (09-11-2017), Colin 540 (13-10-2017), Cronus7 (14-10-2017), damadgeruk (13-10-2017), depronman (12-10-2017), Jeffers66 (12-10-2017), johnyfartbox (12-10-2017), Muska (13-10-2017), OldSchool (13-10-2017), sailesh (15-10-2017), Special edition (13-10-2017), steaman (13-10-2017), stevec (13-10-2017), sunsurfer (13-10-2017), trevorswaine (14-10-2017), Vorsprung durch Technik (13-10-2017)

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by A2Steve View Post
    For those who have been wondering what my new project is, here goes.

    On wednesday I took delivery of my new TDI.

    The car is a 2004 TDI90 SE with red leather, BOSE, opensky, boot mounted cd changer and cruise, but it's the modified spec that makes it a bit interesting.

    It's had the following mods:

    Powerflow 2 1/4 inch stainless cat back exhaust
    Custom made Darkside developments camshaft
    Turbo technics hybrid turbo
    H&R front and rear roll bars
    Drilled and grooved discs with ceramic pads
    Stealth remap

    The car initially made 148bhp at Stealth but this waa tuned down to 135bhp to try to give the DMF an easier life.

    The car is very quick but the noise from the hybrid turbo and stainless exhaust is very addictive.

    This project will be a lot more about go than show unlike my last project and I'm getting to know the car before planning where the mods will go. My current plans though are as follows:

    Front mounted intercooler
    MYP gearbox
    Uprated solid flywheel
    Coilovers

    Stay tuned for updates :-)
    Hi Steve this A2 must've had previous high profile .. what's it's history? .. with those upgrades already, it's no shrinking violet ..

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Aberdare, South Wales
    Posts
    4,026


    No decent photos yet but here it is in the stable with the other current cars. It's the silver one :-)

    The pepperpots have already been removed in favour of a set of 9 spoke sport wheels because it kept spinning the tyres at 3/4 throttle in 1st, 2nd and somewhat in 3rd.
    Last edited by A2Steve; 12-10-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

    Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve



    Project TDI150 underway

  5. 7 users that liked this post:

    67boris (14-10-2017), Cronus7 (14-10-2017), Evripidis (02-11-2017), Nat_s2 (13-10-2017), Pinkythelabrat (12-10-2017), Special edition (13-10-2017), trevorswaine (14-10-2017)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Aberdare, South Wales
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by barryleng.bl View Post
    Hi Steve this A2 must've had previous high profile .. what's it's history? .. with those upgrades already, it's no shrinking violet ..

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    It's been in the club with the previous two owners who have both put their stamp on it. Both were quiet members who didn't make a song and dance about it....unlike me :-)
    Steve
    0779zero965448

    Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve



    Project TDI150 underway

  7. Users that liked this post:

    Al2coholic (22-10-2017)

  8. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by A2Steve View Post
    It's been in the club with the previous two owners who have both put their stamp on it. Both were quiet members who didn't make a song and dance about it....unlike me :-)
    When will we see it .. I take it it's silver with red leather???

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Prestonpans
    Posts
    141
    Wow if only I had a Tdi.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Aberdare, South Wales
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Garrity View Post
    Wow if only I had a Tdi.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There's always scope for the first supercharged FSI
    Steve
    0779zero965448

    Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve



    Project TDI150 underway

  11. #8
    150BHP in an A2 - that is plain evil

  12. 2 users that liked this post:

    Birchall (13-10-2017), Cronus7 (14-10-2017)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    815
    Why pepperami? I would have understood A2X2 (because itís double horsepower of standard 75 - no other reason, I know itís a 90) or A2 Doublo (like Quattro but two not four). These make sense to me. But Pepperami?!? Iím very confused!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Aberdare, South Wales
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkythelabrat View Post
    Why pepperami? I would have understood A2X2 (because it’s double horsepower of standard 75 - no other reason, I know it’s a 90) or A2 Doublo (like Quattro but two not four). These make sense to me. But Pepperami?!? I’m very confused!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The peperami slogan.....'it's a bit of an animal' :-)
    Steve
    0779zero965448

    Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve



    Project TDI150 underway

  15. 5 users that liked this post:

    Al2coholic (22-10-2017), Clackers (13-10-2017), depronman (13-10-2017), Evripidis (02-11-2017), OldSchool (13-10-2017)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •