1.4tdi going into limp mode

Strongbow

Hi

Help!! My tdi keeps going into limp mode then getting power back all of a sudden.

Any ideas??

Regards Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If powers coming back it's not going into limp mode the only way to get rid of limp mode is turning it off and on again

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

There is no one answer for this problem there's about 20 and it could be any one I've had the same problem for a year and I've changed everything intercooler, vacuum pipes,turbo,map sensor,maf sensor,fuel filter,solenoids,really you need to hook it up to an obd reader to get a code and if the code is 17964 its a nightmare,I've gone through 2 map sensors and I'm thinking it's that again i did cure it for 2 weeks by changing the map sensor but it's gone again so good luck.

There is no one answer for this problem there's about 20 and it could be any one I've had the same problem for a year and I've changed everything intercooler, vacuum pipes,turbo,map sensor,maf sensor,fuel filter,solenoids,really you need to hook it up to an obd reader to get a code and if the code is 17964 its a nightmare,I've gone through 2 map sensors and I'm thinking it's that again i did cure it for 2 weeks by changing the map sensor but it's gone again so good luck.

****, ok thanks for ur reply.

check the obvious things like loose turbo / intercooler hoses and all the vaccum lines from the three valves on the bulkhead to the Turbo/EGR/ASV or if its the latter BHC engine the three valves on the bulkhead have been replaced with a singlr unit on the drivers side wheel arch.
The bottom of the intercool is worth an extra special look as the plastic ends join the alloy intercooler and are crimped over with a rubber seal, the alloy tends to blow and then you have a leak.
Most leaks throw a MIL light, but not all

Also worth checking the inside of all of the connectors to the MAP/MAF etc for corrosion

As it done this all the time you have owned it (I know its not long) or only since you had the cam belt changed ? reason for asking is doing thr cam belt they may have disturbed something

a scan with VAGCOM / VW Tools is really a must as it will eliminate so much nad put you on the right path

Cheers,
Paul

Hi

Well thanks all for the replies, took it to the garage I use today and it turned out to be a faulty engine coolant temp sensor. One happy chappy

A scan would have taken you directly to that fault, 10 min job to swap the sensor over and about £8 for the sensor (none genuine Audi part, but works OK)

You now have the VAGCOM cable on order so next time your A2 should dare to misbehave you will have the ability to scan for fault codes :)

Back