One more to diagnose - metal squeaking / squealing whilst hard cornering

cheechy

A2OC Donor
Whilst I wait on the replacement intake flap manifold I thought I'd post up a question which is beyond my skill levels (now!) to diagnose correctly.

Earlier this year I swapped over the standard suspension for pro sport coilovers which have improved the road comfort / handling and lowered the car by around 3cm all round from standard se spec. So not a massive amount of reduction and indeed the highest setting on these coliovers.

Whats bothering me is that whenever I corner hard (and especially on heavily cambered corners) is a metallic squeal / squeaking noise, Doesn't sound like rubbing - and given the reduction in ride height I wouldn't have expected it anyways.

CV joint / boots maybe?

Any other thoughts?

For info all bolts and mounts were replaced when the coilovers were fitted.

I had this with a Abarth Punto Evo - Turned out to be the brake disc backing plate touching the brake discs under heavy cornering. I just pulled the backing plates out a tad, never happened again.

Topsie

Did you replace the bolts if you had the subframe out? They are stretch bolts... On mine, the previous owner had "forgotten" this at some point. I had squeaks when accelerating and braking. After replacement and correct tightening the squeaking vanished.

Didn't have subframe out no. Tbh the squeaking is only under hard cornering so next time I have the car off the ground I'll be taking a look at the brake guards. If that didn't fix then I'll need to dig deeper.

Back