The dreaded 1.6 fsi misfire

Chiefmechanic

My 2003 1.6 fsi with 92,200 miles has a misfire on cylinder 1. It starts from cold without a misfire but as it warms up it becomes more prevalent. When it is warm it is almost a constant misfire.
I have fitted new plugs and changed coil packs but it is still no 1 that has a fault.
The engine earth has been checked behind the headlight but made no difference.
I am looking for a wiring diagram that will show me the pin outs for the ecu and the wiring for the coils and injectors. Does anyone have one of these.
Did Haynes ever do a manual for the a2
Where is the ecu fitted in the car
Hope someone can help. Brian

No Haynes manual unfortunately.

The ECU is just under the CCCU in the passenger floor compartment.

Steve B

Worth checking that the wiring isn't breaking down from the coil packs themselves - it can and does happen. I'll see if I can find the relevant wiring diagrams, I've got Elsawin but it has been temperamental at best.

Nick

Hi,

details for 1.6 FSI ECU injectors and coil packs:

ECU pin

114 Injector 3 brown/yellow
115 Injector 4 brown/white
116 Injector 1 brown/green
117 Injector 2 brown/red
119 Injector 1 + 4 common brown/blue
120 Injector 2 + 3 common brown/black

100 Ignition coil 2 red/blue
101 Ignition coil 3 yellow/green
108 Ignition coil 4 yellow/blue
109 Ignition coil 1 green/yellow

Ignition coil supply from fuse 20 red/black, also to ECU 81.

regards

Andrew

Thanks for all the replies so far.
What is a CCCU.?
What is a leak down test?
Are the injectors for the 1.6 shared with any other member of the VAG family. Prices vary from £55-£20.
Thanks. Brian

Has anyone bought an aftermarket workshop manual either download or dvd. Any recommendations.
Is there an easy way to test injectors. Brian

Thanks for all the replies so far.
What is a CCCU.?
What is a leak down test?
Are the injectors for the 1.6 shared with any other member of the VAG family. Prices vary from £55-£20.
Thanks. Brian
The CCCU is the Central Convenience Control unit.

It is a black plastic control box in the compartment that is under the front passenger floor. It controls the alarm, central locking, electric windows amongst other things.

Steve B

thanks Stevie. Going to have another dig at the car tomorrow to see if I can narrow down the fault to the ignition side or the injector. Brian

I had the self same thing on mine and it was an injector. £165 worth of injector. Changing it wasn't that gruesome though, but did take a day!

My 2003 1.6 fsi with 92,200 miles has a misfire on cylinder 1. It starts from cold without a misfire but as it warms up it becomes more prevalent. When it is warm it is almost a constant misfire.
I have fitted new plugs and changed coil packs but it is still no 1 that has a fault.
I am looking for a wiring diagram that will show me the pin outs for the ecu and the wiring for the coils and injectors. Does anyone have one of these.

Hi .have you checked the voltage supply and earthing points for loom ,if the dry joint you will get erratic misfire

Back