Pallasar's 2003 A2 FSI sport

Pallasar

Hi guys,

This is my stunning A2 1.6 FSI sport

Its a low mileage keeper for sure and my intention is to get it back to concourse pretty quickly. Im a big fan of great design and a dab hand at detailing so the Audi A2 caught my eye some years back as a striking design classic that i'd like to own....now I have one.

Ive spent the last 20 years or so buying and restoring old cars and Im finally at the point where I dont have as much time on my hands to take on big fixer up projects so I fancied getting something nice but still a few years old so I can enjoy more time driving and showing it and less time fixing things :)

Jobs to do on this are replace some worn interior buttons..touch up some stone chips. Machine the paintwork back to perfection, paint the brakes and suspension components and clean up the engine bay to like new again. All good fun jobs for me.

Here's some pics of how it looks now.
Untitled by Vince Hargreaves, on Flickr

You can see some of the other cars Ive tidied up on my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pallasar73...BIeGjoS43av_LTx7hLs3XQ_VFiP6Y9AJZCPh4i-nPig-U

Vince

Last edited:
REALLY nice A2 and that (by the sound of it) is a "BEFORE" picture!!!!

Can't wait to see it when you have d=finished detailing it!!!!

Steve B

Thanks guys....I’m so busy at the moment I haven’t had 5 minutes to post up on here...

So, after owning the car for just 7 days the EML came on with the odd flutter at idle.
Counting on my experience of running older cars for so long I figured, it’s gone from doing hardly any miles pottering around a small Yorkshire village to being pressed into active duty as the family run about and daily motorway commuter...perhaps it’s just having a moan.

I stuck in some Liqui Moly injector cleaner and some fresh super unleaded and cleared the ECU codes with my OBD2 scanner. No more light and smooth idling with no more flutter.

Had a great 100 mile drive yesterday into the Yorshire moors and back with a good blast on the motorway. Still no EML light on and running great, so fingers crossed that’s sorted.

Yesterday I also went to my paint shop and then went round the a2 and touched in any stone chips.
I’ll machine it over the Christmas break I reckon to get it perfect again but for now at least it’s clean and tidy.

I was surprised to read that the sport version in Germany was released as an s-line. Our sport models have no differences externally to a regular a2 on 17”s so against my usual OEM stance I’ve ordered some s-line badges to give it what IMO it should always have had.

Later on I might look into fitting a false boot floor as I do like a clean empty boot area but that’s not always possible.

So far, great car and I’m smitten :)

Looking forward to attending AITP this weekend and meeting some of you guys ??

Attachments

• 898810DB-A5AF-4793-BB9C-8EE931E0082A.jpeg
    898810DB-A5AF-4793-BB9C-8EE931E0082A.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 269
So, the a2 is still running great. It’s had a few age related issues since buying it, but all sorted now ?

Work carried out:
Top mounts both sides
OSF spring
NSF shock
Full service
Coolant change
Coolant pipe (pipe of death) replaced
Expansion bottle cap

All OE quality / Audi original parts fitted....

Looks a great car from that small photo any chance on repairing the others that have gone? Would love to see.:)

If I had the mechanical ability myself Id buy a few of these and save them. Definitely be worth it in the long run. Unfortunately I have to pay for my repair work, but there are a few of us on here to keep them alive ; )

Back