Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does a standard A2 front seat weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by fbi View Post
    For Mk1 TT seats, adapters have to be made to bolt the runners to the A2 shell. There are 4 attachment points, unlike others (A3, Golf, TT mk2 ?, ...) with only 3, hence the more involving adaptation including soldering...
    These adapters are not that complicated. See pictures here :
    https://a2-freun.de/forum/forums/top...-im-a2/?page=2
    It has been done by several A2 owners.

So you'd loose the height adjustment with this solution ?
    I don't see why though...

However, I don't know how the seating height is compared to an A2 seat.
    I think I will stay with the mk1 seats as this does seem more straight forward, plus they look right in the A2. I was baffled by the statement that height adjustment was lost as I could see no reason if only adaptor plates were used. The function is quite different from the A2 as many TT owners seem to have difficulty in in using it, see the link below from the TT forum

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewt...196&mobile=off

Geoff
    2004 1.4 TDI 75, 74k miles, Revo Remap. Crystal Blue, Cruise Control. ATE Power discs and ceramic pads

Quote Originally Posted by Sootywg View Post
    I think I will stay with the mk1 seats ..., plus they look right in the A2.
    That's also my opinion.
    MK2's look more modern for sure, are maybe nicer and more supportive, but MK1's look more similar to A2 seats, they make a better set with the rear A2 seats.
    Just too bad the backrest nets are lost in the trade.

I've not taken the plunge so far, my impression is that the red (leather) in TT MK1 is different from the red (leather) in A2.
    2003 1.6 FSI Ebony black, red leather, Climatronic, OpenSky, Bose, CD changer, DIS, cruise control, auto-dim mirror, 4 el. windows, alarm, false floor, collapsible spare wh.
    Retrofit&mods: Votex bodykit, 17" Rotor alloys+Potenza RE002, Koni Sport front/FSD rear, S-line springs, Whiteline rARB, heated mirrors, komfortblinker, auto-lights, RNS-E mk2, TT alu pedals, front fogs, parking sensors, rear drink holder

sold: 2001 1.4i Pine Green, beige leather, OpenSky, Climatronic, fogs, 16" alloys

Not sure if the other links cover all the photos but here's some from a previous thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...718#post142718

Cheers Spike

Quote Originally Posted by fbi View Post
    That's also my opinion.
    MK2's look more modern for sure, are maybe nicer and more supportive, but MK1's look more similar to A2 seats, they make a better set with the rear A2 seats.
    Just too bad the backrest nets are lost in the trade.

I've not taken the plunge so far, my impression is that the red (leather) in TT MK1 is different from the red (leather) in A2.
    If you have the seats connolised they can get the front and back seat colours to match.

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    If you have the seats connolised they can get the front and back seat colours to match.

Steve B
    What's the price for a half decent re-colonising of 4 seats from your experience Steve?
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

2004 TDi 140 SE - Ipanema brown full respray, turbo technics hybrid turbo, darkside developments custom cam, powerflow 2.5 inch stainless exhaust, drilled/grooved discs front and back, yellowstuff pads, H&R front and rear anti-roll bars, 18 inch Audi R8 alloys, opensky, BOSE, cruise and sports interior.

Quote Originally Posted by A2Steve View Post
    What's the price for a half decent re-colonising of 4 seats from your experience Steve?
    I varies tremendously. But starts at around £200 (a set of 4) at reasonable trimmers and goes up to £400 from expensive trimmers.

Possibly more. But I use the same trimmer I always use and he charges just under £200 (mates rates)

He is super busy at the moment so I have had to go elsewhere and it is costing close to £400, but the guy who is doing it does the interiors on supercars etc. So I Am expecting a good job!!!

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Thats not as bad as I was expecting. That does mean I can broadedn my search for TT front seats and A2 leather rears in the new year and then just have them re-coloured cream.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

2004 TDi 140 SE - Ipanema brown full respray, turbo technics hybrid turbo, darkside developments custom cam, powerflow 2.5 inch stainless exhaust, drilled/grooved discs front and back, yellowstuff pads, H&R front and rear anti-roll bars, 18 inch Audi R8 alloys, opensky, BOSE, cruise and sports interior.

Quote Originally Posted by A2Steve View Post
    Thats not as bad as I was expecting. That does mean I can broadedn my search for TT front seats and A2 leather rears in the new year and then just have them re-coloured cream.
    A change in colour is more expensive but a change in shade of colour is not too bad.
    It is definitely worth getting a local quote for both options and it may broaden your search.

Sone people think that a leather colour change is not a good thing to do, but when was the last time you saw a red cow? All leather is coloured effectively.

Steve B

Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    ?....... but when was the last time you saw a red cow?

Steve B
    Lol, believe it or not there is a breed of cattle called Red Poll and to quote from thier Wikipedia breed entry "The cattle are red, preferably deep red with white only on the tail switch and udder."

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Lol, believe it or not there is a breed of cattle called Red Poll and to quote from thier Wikipedia breed entry "The cattle are red, preferably deep red with white only on the tail switch and udder."

Andy
    LOL,

In that case when was the last time you saw a BLUE cow.

Steve B