Part numbers for the "T" and "Y" coolant pieces on the 1.6 FSI?

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
I am trying to buy the "Y" and "T" pieces in the thin coolant pipes that go from the coolant header tank to the coolant regulator and other places?

Highlighted on the parts diagram below.

Unhelpfully it doesn't number the "T" piece so I can't get the part number.

Perhaps the pipes and "Y" / "T" pieces come as one part (or else they would be numbered?), but surely not

Cheers
Steve B

Pipes.PNG

T piece... isn't that where the native American Indians used to live Steve........I,ll get my coat !.

Nice one.

I went to the doctors and said "one minute I feel like I am a Tepee the next minute I feel like a marquee".

He said "I know what's wrong with you, you are two tents!"

It works better verbally, but even then it isn't funny. (and like me it is very old)

Steve B

It I hard to see on my close up photo but 6 inches down from the high up Y piece is another Y piece on my car?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That is probably it, perhaps someone has replaced the T piece with another Y piece because they are almost impossible to find on a parts list?

I could use two T pieces instead of one "T" and one "Y" if it works on yours?

Can I buy those and the short pipes they are connected to please?

Cheers
Steve B

Evening Steve,

This reminds me of recent FSI post about a single FSI coolant hose. It turned out the hose in question was not identified separately on the parts diagram because it was part of a larger assembly of three hoses factory joined together with a T. I suspect 15 is the whole lot!!!

Interestingly I googled the part number of 15 and noticed this!!! (Trust you are a polyglot):D

http://bazar.automedik.cz/AMD7483566296/audi/a2

Hope it helps

Andy

PS

Just noticed you mentioned in the first post the possibility of 15 being the whole lot. I fear so, welcome to FSI ownership!

The link also has a Y instead of T but no mention of change on ETKA. Strange but as the change is within the assembly and if the four pipes satisfactorily reach thier destination then Audi seem to have deemed no reason to flag the change, being internal to "the" part and not altering functionality it did not warrant notifying to the outside world. Out of interest will check both my FSI's in the morning.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Just had a look at both my 52 and 55 plate FSI's and both have two Y junctions. Don't know why you have the lower junction as a T, in fact looking at in situ it strikes me the Y is correct as it directs the pipe that heads to the radiator away from the ABS unit. On both mine if a T was used this pipe would thread through/conflict with the ABS pipes - not good.
Going with the theory that the 4 pipes and 2 junction pieces are a composite part I noticed on the 55 plate a clear part number of 8Z2 121 107 B on one of the pipes from the lower Y. Now strangely when I put this into ETKA it relates to a 1.4 engine diagram which looks nothing like my configuration???? Now puzzled.

I concede the ETKA diagram does look like a T but if you look at it, it is distorted and flipped to suit the schematic exploded diagram and does not match reality, so maybe a T matched the schematic better.

Andy

Last edited:
I have read postinsg of people who just replaced them with copper plumbing fittings, like these

View attachment 32088

Yes I bought an A2 with them on it, very sensible.

But at the moment I have a car that is a scrapper and I think the engine is really good, but with those connectors broken I can't run it long enough to determine the condition for sure.

It doesn't even do the common "tappet rattle" on start up and sounds really good.

If I can fix the coolant system I can run it up and take it for a short drive (with Trade Plates on it) to check it and the gearbox.

Mr Broons has been kind enough to offer to send me the pipes and connectors.

Cheers
Steve B

I can’t remember the size I used but they are £2.50 each on eBay. It was either the 6 or 10mm
I think it was the 10mm but I am sorry I can’t be 100%sure. But it was these shown.

but the delivery times are high, perhaps another seller has them quicker?
A662D6E5-46EE-425A-908A-BF49F6016601.png

Back