Opinions

Evening folks,

After all the bother with my car the last couple months Cosmo is back and running no smoke! But now that she is home I'm looking to change something... the vent on the bonnet. From silver to black what are your guy thoughts? I have sourced a black vent but I feel it is slightly steep £45 inc postage thoughts?

Anyone got one laying around?

Thanks for reading.
ec510f566baf59659d777aa423b96c93.jpg

Luke Vettraino Smith
THEAUDISTALKER

I’ve thought about the black vent too - mine is quite badly stone chipped in a few places.

I’ve got some rubber plasti-dip to maybe see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is easy enough to paint/plastidip it. You can remove it to paint it so you don't have to mask it up and there would be no paint lines.

I have done this on both of our white A2s and in my opinion it is a nice and subtle way to personalise your A2.

1st wheels 2 19.jpg
front plate.jpg

And the wife's The guy who painted it had a sense of humour!!!

Joans car 2.jpg

Last edited:
It is easy enough to paint/plastidip it. You can remove it to paint it so you don't have to mask it up and there would be no paint lines.

I have done this on both of our white A2s and in my opinion it is a nice and subtle way to personalise your A2.

View attachment 32085View attachment 32086View attachment 32087

Thanks guys for your replies the images didn't load unfortunately I think we were all looking forward to seeing the results

Luke Vettraino Smith
THEAUDISTALKER

That's extortion. The last one I sold via the forum was about a tenner if I remember correctly.

Yup thats right...and due to the fact i keep doing other things its still sitting in the garage :)

I'm doing exactly the same thing for info alongside black mirrors.

View attachment 32089
View attachment 32090

And the wife's The guy who painted it had a sense of humour!!!

View attachment 32091

Ah! I see that you've had the same problem with condensation inside one of the headlights.

It is a VERY common A2 problem.

Some people put silica jell pads inside the headlamps but surely they get full and need to be changed.
Others have drilled hole in the headlamp surround to let the condensation out (I am not sure why it doesn't let it back in

I even tried swapping the rubber seals off the backplate to the opposing headlamp (you have to put them in back to front and so you get a nice new flat seal face)

That worked. But I used a hairdryer to get the moisture out before I refitted the back plates.

Steve B

Back